• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths extension 2 (1 Viewer)

cmizzle

HSC
Hey guys,

My teacher has been telling me that one of the prerequisites for extension 2 maths is having completed the entire 2U course. Is this true?
Im not sure if this is a BOS requirement or something within the school.

Ekman

HSC
It isn't an official prerequisite, it is preferred to have done 2u a year early, as it takes less of the workload off and 4u sometimes requires the knowledge of 2u concepts (for example logarithms). However I know that some schools out there, make it a rule that students that do 4u must do 2u, but according to the BOSTES, there is no such rule.

cmizzle

HSC
Ok, thanks for clarifying that up. It's just that i really want to do 4U but i haven't completed the 2U course and my teacher thinks i will be too stressed from the workload

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Yeah you don't have to have done 2U to do 4U. In fact most people who do 4U haven't done 2U accelerated (I did, but I'm an outlier, at least @ my school haha)

It's definitely an advantage though. If you're worried, maybe just try and learn some of the HSC 2U concepts ahead of time, it will definitely help :)

cmizzle

HSC
Yeah you don't have to have done 2U to do 4U. In fact most people who do 4U haven't done 2U accelerated (I did, but I'm an outlier, at least @ my school haha)

It's definitely an advantage though. If you're worried, maybe just try and learn some of the HSC 2U concepts ahead of time, it will definitely help :)
yeah that's a good idea, thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)