MATHS QN PLEASE HELP OR ELSE (INSERT KNIFE EMOJI) (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 9.55.17 pm.png
Bruh I dont get in part alpha we can just sub in x and y from the parametric eqn. I tried using other examples and found that the roots don't actually equate if we took the cartesian and equated that way?
Am I wrong for thinking out the box from where I stay?
Am I wrong for saying that I'll choose another way?

cossine

HSC
View attachment 43581
Bruh I dont get in part alpha we can just sub in x and y from the parametric eqn. I tried using other examples and found that the roots don't actually equate if we took the cartesian and equated that way?
It would be good if you could provide the working out.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
OHHHH SHITE NO NVM NVM I saw why (just wrote it down and realised my prob)

For any1 wondering what I was confused about, it was basically how I tried equating a general parametric to a curve and I was trying to prove if it gacve the same roots as if you just subbed the parametric x,y into the curve directly. I found t and then realised I still needed to convert it back to x to find the actual roots.

liamkk112

HSC
View attachment 43581
u can sub in the parametric into the cartesian equation of the parabola because you are finding where the line intersects the parabola to find A and B, and from part i) finding what t gives A and B will be the length of PA and PB respectively, just make sure you try to do what everybody else doing just cause everybody doing what they all doing

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
u can sub in the parametric into the cartesian equation of the parabola because you are finding where the line intersects the parabola to find A and B, and from part i) finding what t gives A and B will be the length of PA and PB respectively, just make sure you try to do what everybody else doing just cause everybody doing what they all doing
💀💀 tysm

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Guys honestly, this is a huge reminder to everyone- note :If one thing you know, how far would you grow?
you're walking down this road of yours, this road that you call home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)