Maths with or without humanities (1 Viewer)

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
Hey all,

I posted this in the arts section but thought it is relevant here as well.

I'm applying for next year uni, but I'm not exactly sure what to do.
I'm juggling between doing a bachelor of advanced math/science (same thing apperently) at UNSW or USYD cause I really like maths, but I also have some interest in philosophy and music, and since I have no idea what I want to do with my life, maybe it'd be better to keep my options open by doing UNSW's double degree of advanced maths and arts. Problem is fees are expensive, and I don't want to waste my time in a course I'm not sure about. I'm also not all that keen on music at uni (assuming it is more or less like music 2 at highschool with more stuff), it's more of a hobby. For music, I'm particuarly interested in the theoretical (composition, history etc) side than the practical side (i.e I dislike performance). Maths and philosophy - both applied and pure, on the other hand, absolutely want to do them. There is also the possibility of doing studying french instead of music in the B.c arts, but I'm even less keen on that. It would probably be more useful though career wise. In any case, all this depends on what atar I get and if I get into the courses in the first place. But anyway what do you guys think, what should I do ? My HSC subjects are MX2 english french and music. Cheers

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah I'm doing Adv Maths/Arts, I enjoy my Arts degree because I get to meet cool people and study something I like

I figure it's worth the price and HECS debt

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Sorta - you're paying for two degrees but it depends what subjects you take and the HECS contribution for each

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Did you apply for the course knowing it was absolutely what you wanted to do ?
I do my degrees because I want to do them both

I used to do Commerce, didn't like it - so I switched to Arts

best decision 5eva

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)