Matrix (3 Viewers)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Im i the only one who finds the Matrix to be overrated or what and the storyline is so unoriginal

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
You arent alone. I thought the first one was a solid movie, especially compared to its sequels, but even the first one isnt deserving of its cult status IMO. It was far too stylised for my likes, it seemed like a bunch of bizarrely conceived action scenes interluded by scenes of unecessary semi-philosophical garbage exposition.

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
I found it to be completely over-rated. The sequels sucked - I fell asleep in both, the first was okay.

Product of too much hype.

HSC
i watched about ten minutes of the first dvd and couldn't get into it. then somehow i was dragged to the next two movies at the cinema and fell asleep in both of them.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Yeah i couldn't find the first interesting so i didn't bother with the sequels

berghousemaa

HSC
No way, keana Reeves is such a brillant actor with a hugely diverse range. I mean he plays a surfer dude, a hacker who acts like a surfer and once he even managed a skater.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i thought it was The Matrix... not Matrix, as the title of this thread suggests.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
berghousemaa said:
No way, keana Reeves is such a brillant actor with a hugely diverse range. I mean he plays a surfer dude, a hacker who acts like a surfer and once he even managed a skater.
Im not saying there is anything wrong with Keanu persay, just the movie he is a fairly funny actor, (**He is a comedian right, i find him a funny as**)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Yo do you have an opinion on the movie, not meaning to be rude or any thing

berghousemaa

HSC
Korn said:
Yo do you have an opinion on the movie, not meaning to be rude or any thing
That is hardly rude. The movie series while not without merit, is definately not what it is cracked up to be.

I don't think Keana Reeves is a comedic actor however that his career is actually going reasonably strongly would be hilarious were it not so sad.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Keanu Reeves is a pretty average actor IMO.

The only decent actor in the Matrix movies is Hugo Weaving.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Agent Smith was the only character in the Matrix who didnt seem like a pompous douche.

leathaface

The original was excellent, I'm not a fan of the Matrix, but I enjoyed the first one, it was a move away from the typical science fiction movies where they focused on the story more then the action and SFX. It was like the original Ghost In The Shell, more focus on the underlying commentary about the relationship between Man and machine and not just in your face action.

Fucking Joel Silver, the producer wanted the sequels made because he wanted money... not because when the brothers wrote it, they wrote it as a trilogy. He just said that so it don't make him a greedy fuck... but we all know that anyways. The Matrix sequels HAVE VERY little to do with the original, they just added stories to the back.

But you all know that anyways... Should have left the Matrix as just one movie, it felt complete with an open ending... ironic yeah.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
berghousemaa said:
That is hardly rude. The movie series while not without merit, is definately not what it is cracked up to be.

I don't think Keana Reeves is a comedic actor however that his career is actually going reasonably strongly would be hilarious were it not so sad.
I was meaning i find his "serious" acting work funny

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
agent smith is gona be the actor matrix will be remembered for after few decades, isnt cool when he says " Missssssssssssssterrrrrrr anderson, surprised to see me?" the guy sounds more sinister than Darth Vader. ohe yea, he was also in this aussie film ----Presilia(bad spelling) queen of desert.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
The first movie was AMazing,
The second was just too much action not enough good story line
The third was just shithouse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)