• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mechanical Engineering: USYD or UNSW (+s$4000 Scholarship) help! (1 Viewer)

alexus10096

HSC
Hi everyone, hope you all had a safe and relaxing christmas break period after your exams!

I wanted to get some information in my decision between the two universities as mentioned above.
Currently I am holding a scholarship grant for UNSW and was wondering if mechanical engineering would be the best at UNSW? But I have always had a heart to go to USYD: 1. because it is close and 2. it has that wonderful atmosphere of ancient!

I have gotten alot of word from both university graduates in regards to engineering that UNSW is slightly better in terms of real-world preparation?
Also, what are some of the employment rates between the two?
How is the UNSW atmosphere? Is it tight and dull or closely knit?
I also heard that UNSW has better ties and contacts with engineering companies and that my scholarship would look good in a resume?

Any thoughts? I still havent decided my 1st position course location on UAC

Cheers and happy new year!

studybuddy101

HSC
Normally id recommend going with the uni that gets you excited to learn (in your case usyd). However given the little difference in engineering at both schools and the fact you have a scholarship at unsw then I'm gonna have to recommend unsw. Although if that's a one off payment and not 4k a year then if it were me I would just go sydney

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)