Medicine/Physiotherapy (1 Viewer)

Expulso

HSC
So I am looking at what I want to pursue in university, and while I have my heart set on doing medicine, I am not sure if my results will be able to carry me into an undergraduate medicine course without getting between 95-100% in the UCAT. So I have kept my options open and I have some questions regarding my Plan B of studying physiotherapy.
Right now, there are 3 universities that I want to go to, to study Physio, USYD (applied science), WSU, and ACU. I have heard that ACU currently has the best program out of the three, but this could be from biased sources.
I would like to study at USYD, but that is the most competitive of the three, while WSU is also quite far for me so ACU will probably be my best option.

I have questions about the three universities.

1. How lax are the bonus point scheme entries? They seem very strict at USYD, not so much at WSU, and at the ACU North Sydney campus the median ATAR excluding bonus points is 93.70. I am already eligible for at least 10 bonus points just from the school I attend and the suburb I live in for ACU.

2. Probably the most important set of questions to me. What does the course entail? Is it flexible? Is it fun? What is involved? How much of it is practical? What should I expect? Is it more test based (I assume its more test based) or assignment based? I know that physiotherapy is a lot of work, but I love health and learning about the human body, so I feel like I will be motivated to learn more. Also, I talked to a physio and she told me that if I love sports, I will love physio, and indeed I love my sports. I also want to know if it is flexible because I am likely to start coaching basketball as an old boy coach at my school. What are some advantages/disadvantages of each university's course in comparison to one another?

3. What is the social life like? eg clubs, societies etc. I love going to the UNSW Open days and orientation weeks because of all the different stalls and societies that are showing off. I would love to attend UNSW, but it doesn't have any of the degrees I want to do other than the very competitive Medicine. I think the social life at USYD is also quite vibrant. But how is the social aspect at ACU or WSU. Especially between physiotherapy students? Also I have always wanted to be part of a Muslim's Student Association, but I am not sure if the Australian Catholic University has an MSA. Regardless, this is not a very important point, but I would like to know.

4. The prerequisites are chemistry and physics, though I only did preliminary chemistry. How much of these subjects are involved or will help me succeed?

I would appreciate it if any students currently undertaking physio, perhaps at any of these universities or even anywhere could help me with these questions.
Thanks!

Nikolerak

HSC
So I am looking at what I want to pursue in university, and while I have my heart set on doing medicine, I am not sure if my results will be able to carry me into an undergraduate medicine course without getting between 95-100% in the UCAT. So I have kept my options open and I have some questions regarding my Plan B of studying physiotherapy.
Right now, there are 3 universities that I want to go to, to study Physio, USYD (applied science), WSU, and ACU. I have heard that ACU currently has the best program out of the three, but this could be from biased sources.
I would like to study at USYD, but that is the most competitive of the three, while WSU is also quite far for me so ACU will probably be my best option.

I have questions about the three universities.

1. How lax are the bonus point scheme entries? They seem very strict at USYD, not so much at WSU, and at the ACU North Sydney campus the median ATAR excluding bonus points is 93.70. I am already eligible for at least 10 bonus points just from the school I attend and the suburb I live in for ACU.

2. Probably the most important set of questions to me. What does the course entail? Is it flexible? Is it fun? What is involved? How much of it is practical? What should I expect? Is it more test based (I assume its more test based) or assignment based? I know that physiotherapy is a lot of work, but I love health and learning about the human body, so I feel like I will be motivated to learn more. Also, I talked to a physio and she told me that if I love sports, I will love physio, and indeed I love my sports. I also want to know if it is flexible because I am likely to start coaching basketball as an old boy coach at my school. What are some advantages/disadvantages of each university's course in comparison to one another?

3. What is the social life like? eg clubs, societies etc. I love going to the UNSW Open days and orientation weeks because of all the different stalls and societies that are showing off. I would love to attend UNSW, but it doesn't have any of the degrees I want to do other than the very competitive Medicine. I think the social life at USYD is also quite vibrant. But how is the social aspect at ACU or WSU. Especially between physiotherapy students? Also I have always wanted to be part of a Muslim's Student Association, but I am not sure if the Australian Catholic University has an MSA. Regardless, this is not a very important point, but I would like to know.

4. The prerequisites are chemistry and physics, though I only did preliminary chemistry. How much of these subjects are involved or will help me succeed?

I would appreciate it if any students currently undertaking physio, perhaps at any of these universities or even anywhere could help me with these questions.
Thanks!
I have many questions similar to yours regarding physiotherapy. Shame no one answered thus far. Did you get your answers elsewhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)