Midwifery UTS (1 Viewer)

Ethicks

HSC
How so? I see you're doing Biomed Sci, is it because of the limited employment options (if thats so?)?
I worked for 2 years and decided that is what I wanted to do, but to proceed I needed this degree(which confirmed to me that this is something I can get a job from unlike thousands of other pointless degrees *cough* arts). Also it has the option for postgrad medicine if I was feeling keen. I could have done engineering etc but none of that mathematics excites me I couldn't imagine studying it for 3 years ugh

I could have done it at any uni UNSW,USYD etc.. but why is it UTS is the only one in Sydney who have their degrees AIMS(Australian Institute of Medical Science) accredited? Without this accreditation you're really lowering the jobs you can apply for as a lot of private companies and some public ones will require it.

Maybe I should have gone to CSU at wagga wagga at least you don't feel like you're living inside a John West tin but then again CSU sucks and took half my school with early entry when they all got <50 atars.

Last edited:

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I worked for 2 years and decided that is what I wanted to do, but to proceed I needed this degree(which confirmed to me that this is something I can get a job from unlike thousands of other pointless degrees *cough* arts). Also it has the option for postgrad medicine if I was feeling keen. I could have done engineering etc but none of that mathematics excites me I couldn't imagine studying it for 3 years ugh

I could have done it at any uni UNSW,USYD etc.. but why is it UTS is the only one in Sydney who have their degrees AIMS(Australian Institute of Medical Science) accredited? Without this accreditation you're really lowering the jobs you can apply for as a lot of private companies and some public ones will require it.

Maybe I should have gone to CSU at wagga wagga at least you don't feel like you're living inside a John West tin but then again CSU sucks and took half my school with early entry when they all got <50 atars.
I didn't know that! How interesting!

Also, whats your occupaion? I've always been curious about degrees like this. They seem very narrow, but the jobs people acquire from degrees like this are very broad and endless!

Ethicks

HSC
I didn't know that! How interesting!

Also, whats your occupaion? I've always been curious about degrees like this. They seem very narrow, but the jobs people acquire from degrees like this are very broad and endless!
Scientific Officer/Hospital Scientist in Pathology laboratories, depending where you work you can be trained in all parts of the lab or if it's in Sydney it's generally very specific like just Microbiology or just Histology. My goal is to become the Laboratory Manager/Senior Scientist in a lab on the Gold Coast or Brisbane then you can earn $120k+

It is pretty narrow but what degrees aren't? Engineering is Engineering. You can also get a job in research and possibly any laboratory situation I know someone who did Medical Science at ANU and her degree allowed her to get a job in a Mining Laboratory.

To answer your question I was working as a Technical Assistant doing Phlebotomy/Data Entry of samples/Other lab duties.

If you're doing Nursing you will rely on a lot of our results ;)

Last edited:

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Scientific Officer/Hospital Scientist in Pathology laboratories, depending where you work you can be trained in all parts of the lab or if it's in Sydney it's generally very specific like just Microbiology or just Histology. My goal is to become the Laboratory Manager/Senior Scientist in a lab on the Gold Coast or Brisbane then you can earn $120k+

It is pretty narrow but what degrees aren't? Engineering is Engineering. You can also get a job in research and possibly any laboratory situation I know someone who did Medical Science at ANU and her degree allowed her to get a job in a Mining Laboratory.

To answer your question I was working as a Technical Assistant doing Phlebotomy/Data Entry of samples/Other lab duties.

If you're doing Nursing you will rely on a lot of our results ;)
That sounds like a great job! Seems very rewarding! I hope you're enjoying it.

Ahaha, yes of course! You see, it amazes me how much, and how many people are involved in the care of a patient. Its inspiring in a way. That whole strong collaboration between health care sectors is inspiring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)