missed dot pts (1 Viewer)

angelxtearz

HSC
Ive almost completed my summary of the POM. subject. Cud sum1 juz fill me in on these absent dot pts... :}

present info from secondary sources by writing a balanced equation for the fermentation of glucose to ethanol

the galvanic cell prac.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
All you need is this equation for the first one:

C6H12O6(aq)-->2C2H5OH(aq) + 2CO2(g)

Don't forget the yeast in the equation, add it under the arrow.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
The Galvanic Cell prac is just making the exact thing you see in these types of diagrams:

That is, setting up the equipment with two beakers (small beakers are more effective) filled with electrolytes, connecting the wires to a voltmeter which your school provides, sticking in the pieces of solid metal in, and using KCl-soaked filter paper as a salt bridge.

For details on the prac and prac reports, have a look at Jamesy's website: here and here.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
"Process secondary sources" just means to use information from secondary sources such as books, publications, websites, and magazines to perform whatever research you are doing. Basically for the galvanic cell prac, you need to know how to write balanced half-equations and the combined one for any combination of two metals such as the one in Dreamerish's diagram.

P

pLuvia

You should ask your teacher about the galvanic practical if you have not already done it

i didnt reli get it cuz they sed an eqn... n y wud u need to them....4 an eqn..but yeh.
You need to know where the redox reactions occur as well
Good way to remember is

AN OX Anode is where Oxidation occurs
RED CAT Cathode is where Reduction occurs

NOTE

Only in Galvanic cells the anode is the negative electrode and the cathode is the positive electrode

But in Electrolysis the anode is the positive electrode and the cathode is the negative electrode

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)