• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mod B study (1 Viewer)

K

khorne

I am finalising my study notes for Hamlet, and basically wondering what the best way to do it is? I have seen questions asked about readings, character interactions and themes, so perhaps it is best if I structure the notes with a focus on readings and relationships between key characters as well?

HSC
haven't you done paper 2 yet?

also, my notes for hamlet are in the form of themes, though each theme concludes with an in-depth reading (e.g. ophelia's madness = feminist reading, hamlet-gertrude relationship = freudian reading). tbh i've never really looked at character interactions, though i'm pretty sure that's simply covered in themes/ elsewhere.

K

khorne

m8, my exam is next week. If any of you berks want to trade Hamlet resources for my notes/other stuff (ebooks for science), hit me up.

HSC
i would trade tbh, but my notes are only a few pages (on comp.), since most are either handwritten or placed into pre prepared essays :\

K

khorne

Thats fine. The question that threw me off was the practice one we did in class...Something to do with a text not defining or exhausting its possibilities, i.e basically the question wanted to you to talk about all the different readings of key areas. However, I see most HSC questions are based around your own personal understanding of things, so the readings aren't really that important, but merely serve as a guide to develop your opinions? Correct?

If I just discuss the major themes, then perhaps mention the relevant readings (criticism etc), it will suffice, as I see no requirement in the syllabus for you to actually know them or reference them.

ALso, if you're willing to just trade those few typed pages, PM me and we'll sort something out. Any thing will help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)