• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mod C cliches (1 Viewer)

blackmarker14

HSC
Guys does anybody know if you should majorly avoid cliches for your Mod C writing. I was thinking of writing about addiction and how it can seperate people as you have to watch them go down a bad path whilst there is nothing you can do to help. Is this to basic and seen to often or would it be ok. Keep in mind English is most definitely not my best subject so I cant take my writing to high level.

elliott07

🌙
HSC
Guys does anybody know if you should majorly avoid cliches for your Mod C writing. I was thinking of writing about addiction and how it can seperate people as you have to watch them go down a bad path whilst there is nothing you can do to help. Is this to basic and seen to often or would it be ok. Keep in mind English is most definitely not my best subject so I cant take my writing to high level.
well you would want to avoid it, a strong high band 5,6 response would usually have:

1. an Extended Metaphor
2. Motif
3. symbolism
4. Figurative / Sensory Imagery

if you do those four things you will have a very strong mod c piece and would actually prevent cliches. What can be helpful sometimes is I do 25 minute creative/discursive writing exercises 3 times a week on different topics or hsc questions and I work on one question over those 3 days and when I finish I get feedback from my English teacher idk if that would help you as well. if you need help with creative writing im happy to help im doing a creative non fiction for ee2 =)

I was thinking of writing about addiction and how it can seperate people as you have to watch them go down a bad path whilst there is nothing you can do to help. Is this to basic and seen to often or would it be ok.
this is actually a really great idea, and no its not cliche at all as long as you can Implement it creatively.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)