Model UN (1 Viewer)

Cheap Thrills

HSC
Hey is anyone going to the model UN thing in Wollongong this weekend??

cccclaire

HSC
no, is woollongong like a regional one or something?

But I did a local model UN one at randwick girls school last year.
gosh that was funny.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
I think its run by Rotary. I keep giving all the work I have to do to one of the girls thats doin it. Dumbass. Anyway, we're Mexico. Ha

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
I had no idea what this was so I looked it up.
Seems fun! and funny at the same time :p

cccclaire

HSC
Yeh its a lot of fun, heaps of people take it seriously though =/
We were Turkey, we didn't have a clue about Turkey and made up most of the stuff on the spot. The best part is that you get to send like notes to other countries, a system we totally abused.
We bribed the judges with turkish delight chocolates too, didn't help us much though.

kay90

HSC
i did MUNA (model UN) last year.
we were ethiopia, we hardly debated anything cause our country was pretty much allies with all the other countries. lol.

people dressed up in their country's national clothing, you come up with bribes for the chairpeople, negotiate with other countries during break times or during debates by passing around notes. etc etc.

you win prizes for best costume, best bribes, best debators etc.
our group won best costume :]

it was a good experience, you learn alot of things and meet great people.
too bad our school isnt doing it this year.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
Yeah, we're getting ponchos and sombraeros, and tacos, burritos and nachos :rofl: I'm lookin forward to it

kay90

HSC
it already sounds like fun.
they love receiving food as bribes.

topdeck

HSC
I'm going to the one at James Ruse Ag in a few weeks time....should be good if we ever get round to researching our country.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
"Order! ORDER! Do you kids want to be like the real UN? Or do you just want to squabble and waste time?"

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
lol. MUNA runs at our school every year. Some of the schools around are locals, other are from god knows where, so like yeah. It's actually kinda mad. I love watching it. ^^

dotcomgirl

HSC
Is anyone going to the MUNA conference thing at [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]University of Western Sydney, Kingswood[/FONT] in term 3?

never, heard of MUNA before this year...it sounds fun. I'm looking forward to it.

van.tango

HSC
Yep, I was at MUNA in Woolongong today. I was that cranky little blonde from Greece who threatened Victoria (at least I think it was Victoria) with a round of tequila later on. :)

Last edited:

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Yeah, we were going to go last year, but the principal pulled the plug on that at the last minute.
lol awww. You should've been there. It was mad ! There was scissors paper rock against 2 countries. Hilarious ! ^^

Cheap Thrills

HSC
van.tango said:
Yep, I was at MUNA in Woolongong today. I was that cranky little blonde from Greece who threatened Victoria (at least I think it was Victoria) with a round of tequila later on. :)
Seriously?! I was the mc-massive Mexican sitting next to her. Lol. Hey you spoke really well. You...get quite passionate. Anyway, did you think Italy deserved 3rd?? I didn't.:confused:

Last edited:

topdeck

HSC
I have a friend who said he was going to the one in Woolongong this weekend...he said he was representing Russia? I am going to one is a few weeks and am really confused at to what it entails...anyone have any suggestions?

Cheap Thrills

HSC
Russia killed it yesterday. They came 2nd but should've won. One of the guys got this trophy for 'speaker of the day' sort of thing. They were typical vodka abusing Russians. Very funny:)

Last edited:

cccclaire

HSC
I kinda wish I did it this year, but our school decided not to do it I think.

I hate the kids that take it way too seriously though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)