Modern History (1 Viewer)

expertdkx

B.IT Network Security
HSC
Uni Grad
In Modern History im studying about Arabs Israel Conflict.
well i dont know the background of it because i am Atheist and dont know the background of the three religons so if any1 can help a visual media could help alot
ty.

Foxodi

HSC
Re: Ahh Crap!

People really need to use wikipedia more.

expertdkx

B.IT Network Security
HSC
Uni Grad
But It Dont Provide Me A Background Information!
In A Multimedia Format!

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
Picture the Cronulla Riots

Picture the Shire residents as the Jews and the Lebs as the Arabs.

I'm sure that will help you:)

cccclaire

HSC
Basically
its a holy land for the jews and the muslims, christians too I think, but they've basically given up on it.
and the jews are there at the moment
but they're surrounded by islamic countries, who want it too.
And theres some fighting going on and stuff.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by multimedia.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Perhaps Powerpoint or something.

I despise you :( I wanted to do Arab-Israeli conflict as a case study, but our teacher stuck with the Romanovs :(

HSC
N/A
expertdkx said:
But It Dont Provide Me A Background Information!
In A Multimedia Format!
Nor Your Whole Education On A Platter!

Fucking hell. Learn to learn for yourself. Atheist =/= ignoramus.

Zephyrio

HSC
Hey, one of the most written about conflicts EVER is the Arab-Israeli Conflict. Question: Why are you doing this topic now when it is clearly a HSC option module?

Anyway, from what I've gathered throughout the years:

The land of Israel is the land that God promised to the Jews.
Yet, when they did have the land they were subject to all this anti-Semitism, and when the Romans came and conquered the area, they expelled the Jews from that land to the "diaspora" - countries where Jews were exiled to.
During the late 1930s and 1940s, the Nazis underwent a program to exterminate the whole of European Jewry and to get rid of them altogether. "Scum" they called the Jews.
So after WWII, the world was faced with the question: Where can we put the Jews so that they will not face such hatred? The League of Nations (primitive name for the United Nations) decided to partition the British Mandate of Palestine and the state of Israel was created.

And conflict has just gone on forever. The Palestinians argue that they weren't the ones to be blamed for expelling the Jews, and they certainly didn't enforce the Holocaust, and so why should they move for them? Israel argues that this was the land promised to them by God and that it has and will always be their rightful place. And other Arab countries like Egypt and Syria supported/support the Palestinian cause and now we have what seems to be an irresolvable conflict. I wish for it to end quickly.

The land we now call Israel is sacred to three main religions: Judaism, Islam and Christianity. I'm not entirely sure why Muslim people consider it sacred, but I think it has something to do with Mohammed hearing God's voice there or something, and going to heaven in Jerusalem or something. Christianity reveres Jerusalem because it's where Jesus carried out his work and it's the Holy City for the Jews. It's just so complex.

I hope that helps you. But by no means take my word as truth, because I could be misguided or wrong, but this is what I've learnt after reading up and tuning into the news a lot. Um, if you are truly stuck on the multimedia thing, try youtube. I used it for history (people always upload news reports there).

A sad chapter in human history. I hope it is resolved soon.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
The Origins of the Arab-Israeli Conflict 1880s-1947 is a Preliminary topic, whereas the Arab-Israeli Conflict 1948-1996 is a HSC module.

Yes, I have to agree with you here. It is indeed a really tragic conflict that has resulted in many people displaced and lives lost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)