Modern Trials (1 Viewer)

tcasppp

HSC
Would anybody be able to share some past modern history trials from schools such as James Ruce, North Sydney Boys, etc?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Would anybody be able to share some past modern history trials from schools such as James Ruce, North Sydney Boys, etc?
hey chief you probably won't find many from those schools even if they are top selectives (gatekeeping, or just cos they have too small classes so they just purchase company papers)

i got you though i made this google drive of modh school + company papers after hsc that i collated through my hsc year cos there's barely any on thsc / acehsc: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gbTwZgQ5nC4Hnuzy-NCoOZgJ459aszM7?usp=sharing

Armon

HSC
hey chief you probably won't find many from those schools even if they are top selectives (gatekeeping, or just cos they have too small classes so they just purchase company papers)

i got you though i made this google drive of modh school + company papers after hsc that i collated through my hsc year cos there's barely any on thsc / acehsc: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gbTwZgQ5nC4Hnuzy-NCoOZgJ459aszM7?usp=sharing
Out of curiosity, did you actively do many modern trials? I did some timed essays for national study russia but other than that never touched papers for the subject.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Out of curiosity, did you actively do many modern trials? I did some timed essays for national study russia but other than that never touched papers for the subject.
I did quite a bit throughout the whole year (I tried to force myself to start early, otherwise if I fell behind a certain dot-point I felt I’d never catch up), and it was mainly to try and organise the huge mass of info dump my teacher would give my class (60+ pages per syllabus dot-point of readings from actual historians etc etc) and collate them into essays that would get feedback which I could then use to scaffold for future exams. For the USSR + Cold War I had one essay per syllabus dot-point to make sure I was prepared but admittedly I’m a loser and a nerd so I did it partly for fun cos I am a huge fan of Soviet history 💀 I was also pretty confident though that the HSC would have Soviet foreign policy so every time it showed up after my first internals in Trials/HSC I just memorised my 25/25 FP essay but still did the others cos it was fun to write them out. I don’t think I timed any though

I also did a lot of Core Study sections of the Trials and nothing else cos that was the only section I lost marks in again and again and it annoyed me to no end so I tried my best to actually improve in that section

Armon

HSC
I did quite a bit throughout the whole year (I tried to force myself to start early, otherwise if I fell behind a certain dot-point I felt I’d never catch up), and it was mainly to try and organise the huge mass of info dump my teacher would give my class (60+ pages per syllabus dot-point of readings from actual historians etc etc) and collate them into essays that would get feedback which I could then use to scaffold for future exams. For the USSR + Cold War I had one essay per syllabus dot-point to make sure I was prepared but admittedly I’m a loser and a nerd so I did it partly for fun cos I am a huge fan of Soviet history 💀 I was also pretty confident though that the HSC would have Soviet foreign policy so every time it showed up after my first internals in Trials/HSC I just memorised my 25/25 FP essay but still did the others cos it was fun to write them out. I don’t think I timed any though

I also did a lot of Core Study sections of the Trials and nothing else cos that was the only section I lost marks in again and again and it annoyed me to no end so I tried my best to actually improve in that section
I also did one essay per dot point and knew there would be an economic transformation q so I just wrote my 25/25 for that (raw mark ended up as a 21 though - my mark was mostly carried by a 24/25 for civil rights). Did you find those thousands of pages of historiography particularly useful? I only had a few historian quotes from BOS notes that I interpreted the historian's opinions from. Seems a bit excessive to have that much stuff to sift through. I presume you got 95+ HSC mark for modern?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I also did one essay per dot point and knew there would be an economic transformation q so I just wrote my 25/25 for that (raw mark ended up as a 21 though - my mark was mostly carried by a 24/25 for civil rights). Did you find those thousands of pages of historiography particularly useful? I only had a few historian quotes from BOS notes that I interpreted the historian's opinions from. Seems a bit excessive to have that much stuff to sift through. I presume you got 95+ HSC mark for modern?
I found it very interesting especially since it went beyond surface-level content taught in the textbooks (+ I'm a history nerd so I actually *wanted* to read it) especially with some who had counterarguments so I just collated the historian's quotes and chucked them into my notes. Admittedly it was quite excessive and it was only because I really was super invested in the topics we did (if you look at my USSR notes on BOS there's 100+ pages because I got carried away and I only referred to them when I was writing out the essays I had) (I still am, I read a lot of history non-fiction still) - I wouldn't even do that with English icl I just smashed out one essay and memorised it

Armon

HSC
I found it very interesting especially since it went beyond surface-level content taught in the textbooks (+ I'm a history nerd so I actually *wanted* to read it) especially with some who had counterarguments so I just collated the historian's quotes and chucked them into my notes. Admittedly it was quite excessive and it was only because I really was super invested in the topics we did (if you look at my USSR notes on BOS there's 100+ pages because I got carried away and I only referred to them when I was writing out the essays I had) (I still am, I read a lot of history non-fiction still) - I wouldn't even do that with English icl I just smashed out one essay and memorised it
I presume you're studying law or a similar humanities based degree now?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I presume you're studying law or a similar humanities based degree now?
Haha nah, I considered Arts/Education for a bit (to be an English / History teacher) but ultimately decided against it because of seeing the current situation of teachers now (+ I know parental pressure is not a huge factor and it really wasn't but my parents were for some reason so adamantly against it), I never saw myself as a lawyer either so I'm not in law either

Armon

HSC
Haha nah, I considered Arts/Education for a bit (to be an English / History teacher) but ultimately decided against it because of seeing the current situation of teachers now (+ I know parental pressure is not a huge factor and it really wasn't but my parents were for some reason so adamantly against it), I never saw myself as a lawyer either so I'm not in law either
so what are ya studying? and howd you end up doing in modern

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)