Monash and USyd Law (1 Viewer)

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
If I get an offer to USyd Law, would I be crazy if I still took Monash Law instead considering USyd Law is so highly sought after? Or are they both extremely similar and reputable, and I'm really overthinking this whole prestige/employment thing?

I just like the idea of living in Melbourne a bit more (still love Sydney though), and my whole family is about to move to Melbourne, but I'm not sure if law at Sydney Uni would be a lot more worth it and beneficial to future prospects.

merillem

HSC
You're splitting hairs between two awesome unis.
Honestly, once you're out working, no one will give much of a crap when you're from either one of these top Group of 8 unis.

If you really want to boost your career, it's less about exactly which uni you choose, and more about what you add around the academic part of your studies. Student exchange, clerkships, internships, leadership programs, New Colombo Plan....
THOSE are the things that will take you further than just a uni name.

(of course the unis WANT you to believe that it's all about their name, but that's a 1970s precept).

I published an independent video review of Monash a few weeks ago. Check out [video]https://youtu.be/itVFAMQPimc[/video]
The USyd video won't be ready until next year (because there's a shit tonne of editing in one of these clips!) but I was damn impressed with Monash. You could be damn proud to study there IMHO.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If you think you would prefer to live in Melbourne, then I don't think going to Monash would be a mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)