• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Morrowind . . . Again (1 Viewer)

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
I am going to create a new thread now, because the others have died.

I love this game. I have it on XBox (which I love, too).

Does anybody else play this?

I was wondering how long does it go for? Forever?

My only problem with the game is that it takes FOREVER to load...

But oh well, that time when its loading is the only sleep I get.

Kaiser Zero

Banned
HSC
Best game ever, on PC though. I played it on xbox once and the loading times were disgusting. I played through the main quest once then my saves got fucked up somehow, 2nd time I played about 70% through the main quest then left it, and just wandered around doing guilds and what not.
The main quest can take a while, but thats the only thing that finishes, you can do all the other stuff forever.

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
I hate the loading times on my xbox, but as i've said before it is the only sleep i tend to get when playing the game. Its pretty damn addictive for me.

I really love the whole free play thing, being able to do what you want.

Do you ever feel guilty when stealing stuff from people who don't have much? I do all the time. Pretty stupid, huh? Oh well, we know I have morals.

What kind of characters were you - name, gender, race, class, birthsign?

I'm a female dark elf, called Mara Jade, she's got her own class, and is under the Atronach I think (goodness knows how she got to be that one, I thought I had her set under the Lady).

hipPo3

HSC
I've never played morrowind ... but i'd like to. I hear it's fucking huge .. i <3 RPG's (except anygame begining with a Final Fantasy)

I've got Fable. Don't get fable !!! .. it will steal your soul !!

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
Its pretty good. From what I hear, get it on PC.

I can personally tell you that it is shittily slow to load on xbox...

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
I love the game...but I cheated my way through.:(:(:(:(

I deleted my cheat character and have started again. I'm pretty new at it and still don't know much about proper fighting and character building.

I'm looking forward to Oblivion to be released. Although I ahve to upgrade my PC's RAM and Video card.

[BTW the hardware requirement is very high. sometimes crashed!.....need the upgrade for HL2: Lost Coast as well...so will be paying]

Last edited:

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
I love the game...but I cheated my way through.:(:(:(:(

I deleted my cheat character and have started again. I'm pretty new at it and still don't know much about proper fighting and character building.

I'm looking forward to Oblivion to be released. Although I ahve to upgrade my PC's RAM and Video card.

[BTW the hardware requirement is very high. sometimes crashed!.....need the upgrade for HL2: Lost Coast as well...so will be paying]
Oh my gosh I am totally excited about Oblivion too!!! A friend showed me some screenshots of it, and they look awesome.

Spikeru

St. Mère Église church tower, danglin....
HSC
I'm very excited about Oblivion too, but once again I'll take this opportunity to shamelessly plug for Fallout 3. Bethesda is developing it, using the Oblivion engine. If the world was perfect it could possibly even maybe I wish it was released by the end of next year.

Morrowind was great, but only recently did I realize there was more to combat than just swinging at the enemy, like blocking. It meant that it took me months to play through the game a few times just because I had to create absurdly high level characters.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
pinkelephant said:
Oh my gosh I am totally excited about Oblivion too!!! A friend showed me some screenshots of it, and they look awesome.

yeah it's pretty good...hopefully doesn't cost me a fortune to tune up my PC in order to play it.

and about those 'Better Bodies' if come in nude packages...I doubt I can install it. Cuz it's a family PC, modified to work as a gaming machine 99% of times:D

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
yeah it's pretty good...hopefully doesn't cost me a fortune to tune up my PC in order to play it.

and about those 'Better Bodies' if come in nude packages...I doubt I can install it. Cuz it's a family PC, modified to work as a gaming machine 99% of times:D
Hehehe, what siblings you got? Little ones? You wouldn't have to have your character naked all of the time...

Yeah, I'm hoping I won't have to upgrade. I'll put it onto my new laptop - I hope it fits...

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
pinkelephant said:
Hehehe, what siblings you got? Little ones? You wouldn't have to have your character naked all of the time...

Yeah, I'm hoping I won't have to upgrade. I'll put it onto my new laptop - I hope it fits...

nah they r in their early teens....but they might pop in and see me drooling over the naked people :D

I doubt a laptop would be able to handle Oblivion or Morrowind. My PC is 3GHz, 512MB and 128MB Video but still crashes sometimes. I think a 1-1.5 GB RAM and 256 Video might do well.

[BTW....have you guys had a look at the demo wideos?....It looks fkn awesome. can't wait to get my hands on it!]

Last edited:

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
LoneShadow said:

No, you can download a version where both males and females are wearing underwear, but the bodies are still more realistic than originally. When downloading it you just select the version you want.

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
nah they r in their early teens....but they might pop in and see me drooling over the naked people :D
Lol, eww drool makes ur keyboard gross.

SeDaTeD

HSC
Ahh, an awesome game, but so damn big. Thing is you can get lonely at times, like you have nobody who's friendly and you've got no comfortable home (unless you play a long long way and advance in one o the houses i think). Or you can just kill someone and live in their house.
I usually play Khajiit, I'd get distracted from the quests and end up trying to loot everything from every town.
Going to get Oblivion when it comes out, or maybe when the prcie drops haha.

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
SeDaTeD said:
Ahh, an awesome game, but so damn big. Thing is you can get lonely at times, like you have nobody who's friendly and you've got no comfortable home (unless you play a long long way and advance in one o the houses i think). Or you can just kill someone and live in their house.
I usually play Khajiit, I'd get distracted from the quests and end up trying to loot everything from every town.
Going to get Oblivion when it comes out, or maybe when the prcie drops haha.
Yeah, it is big. It makes it hard to get around to everywhere, unless you spend massive loads of time on it.
Distractions are so easy. I am always getting distracted by Daedric ruins, and stealing too. I always feel guilty tho, for stealing from innocent people, who don't attack me first, so I end up grave robbing.
I'm on level 100 for strength, but I still get overencumbered - its so stupid when you are trying to move a shitload of heavy (but expensive) armor out of some of the Daedric ruins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)