• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Moving from General to 2U (1 Viewer)

ZacA888

HSC
General is just plain stupid, and it's too easy. I was doing 5.3 last year, but I struggled at the end mainly because I was being lazy and not paying attention in class. Now I know it's midterm already, but if I got a tutor and caught up to speed on what I missed would I be able to get into the course?

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
Probably, depending on the school you currently attend, they'll probably only just covered the first few chapters of the textbook (ie mainly revision from the past few years)

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
General is just plain stupid, and it's too easy. I was doing 5.3 last year, but I struggled at the end mainly because I was being lazy and not paying attention in class. Now I know it's midterm already, but if I got a tutor and caught up to speed on what I missed would I be able to get into the course?
I think that it would be completely possible. Our school (in 2unit) has done arithmetic, algebra and is going through equations; most of which was learnt in 5.3

So it should work and shouldnt be too hard (just as long as you payed attention throughout year 8-10 :p)

annaisbored

HSC
I think you'll be fine :D
2 unit (for my school anyway) is just doing basic stuff. If you were in 5.3, I think you'll have no problem :)

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
no problems at all, most classes have done revision during the first few weeks. Nothing really new

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
You would have no problems in coping with the actual course.
However, the only problem you may have is actually getting into the 2U course. Most schools have a 'grace' period where you can change subject/levels. I know at my school it's the first two weeks.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
You would have no problems in coping with the actual course.
However, the only problem you may have is actually getting into the 2U course. Most schools have a 'grace' period where you can change subject/levels. I know at my school it's the first two weeks.
Nathan(the derivative) attends a catholic school so his rules would be much stricter than public schools. The only thing stopping you from getting into the course would be your principal/vice principal, which can be remedied with a quick note from your parents etc.
Work-wise, you don't even need a tutor.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Nathan(the derivative) attends a catholic school so his rules would be much stricter than public schools. The only thing stopping you from getting into the course would be your principal/vice principal, which can be remedied with a quick note from your parents etc.
Work-wise, you don't even need a tutor.
Yeah that is true.
If you go to a public school (most likely you would) then you should have no problems but I encourage you to do so now. If you go to a private/catholic school like myself, then well, good luck.

mikael.cfc

HSC
im in year 12 now and people were moving from general to 2U and the first turm of year 12, if u did 5.3 u should be alright u repeat stuff

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
im in year 12 now and people were moving from general to 2U and the first turm of year 12, if u did 5.3 u should be alright u repeat stuff
That's impossible. They haven't fulfiled preliminary requirements.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
That's impossible. They haven't fulfiled preliminary requirements.
He MUST mean they moved from 2U to general. My girlfriend dropped 2U this term and had to redo the 1st assessment that General did with a bunch of other kids. Or he must just mean year 11 :)

stressed158

HSC
i just transferred from general to advanced too! but im in yr 11 and not from a private school. i reckon you can do it mate.
but a tutor may not be such a bad idea? im finding it kinda hard atm but hopefully things will be ok soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)