• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

My deepest apologies (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim035

HSC
I was approached today in a very stern manner by the principle at my school in regards to a post I had created in these forums in regards to the CSSA 06 chemistry trial exam.
Apparently the material I discussed has created a sevre uproar with schools, teachers and the CSSA alike.
In order to avoid anymore dramas I have deleted the original post, however I'd just like to make it clear that the information given to my school by our teacher was Extremely Vague, what I did was draw on my knowledge of syllabus outcomes, past catholic trial papers and HSC papers in order to create what I saw as logical conclusions as to the questions that will be asked. My teacher did not mention the words Winkler, bromothymol blue, methyl orange, phenopthalein, ethanol or methods of radiation detection in his hints, these are to an unknown extent fictious conclusions which I came to.

The original intention of my post was that multiple students from multiple catholic schools could come together and each reveal the subtle hints their teachers may have given them in regards to the chemistry trial, in hope that in their combination a very sound conclusion as to what will be in the trial could be drawn. I now realise the errors in my way, the trials are meant to be a reflection of the actual HSC in which everyone is in the same boat and knows no more then the structure of the exam itself.

My apologies extend first to my chemistry teacher for whom I have done a great diservice and secondly to the CSSA who go to great lengths each year in order to ensure their trial exams are fair and of a high standard for Catholic School's around New South Wales alike.

Last edited:

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
LOL. Talk about paranoid.

As if they have the right to stop students from talking to each other about the trials.

markz

HSC
Man you got OWNED.

Luckily I printed out your original post

Tim035

HSC
Last time I use my brain to come up with solutions to hints given by teachers.
Unfortunatly I've probley made enemies now with my chem teacher and principle sob..

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Tim035 said:
Unfortunatly I've probley made enemies now with my chem teacher and principle sob..
Yeah but like, every student tries to predict exam questions using teacher's hints, past papers and whatever else we've got. It's what we DO.

Number7

HSC
Tim035 said:
o well dont worry

with the way catholic schools teach/perform they'll all be gone within 50 years or so.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
There is nothing to apologise about, if you've worked out whats in the exam due to something the teacher said, then, at worst, it is the teacher who is at fault, since they're the ones breaching the cssa rules. But in this case it doesnt seem like its anyones fault, just seems like your were smart enough to work out what was in the exam.

tennille

HSC
I believe this thread has served its purpose. :)

Please feel free to PM me otherwise.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)