• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

nature of community/workplace (1 Viewer)

aus_peter2005

HSC
when they ask you what a text or type of text implies about the nature of community/workplace...what do they actually mean????

emca

HSC
when they ask you what a text or type of text implies about the nature of community/workplace...what do they actually mean????

Ask yourself what is the purpose of the text and what does it seem to suggest about the work environment or the level of community with in a location. is there such a thing as community anymore? in cities probably not. I lived in Sydney untill a few years ago and I didnt know my neighbours names. the tv show neighbours is a farce. no one in cities knows the person across the street to any real extent. Now I live in the country and my neighbours are my friends we go fishing and stuff, I put out their garbage if they forget.ect.

here is an example of a workplace text - I got sacked from coles and recieved a termination of employment letter. So I'm using it as related material. It demonstrates the nature of the power relationship with my employer.

No explination was given. I got sacked because I turned 18, after working there for 2 years I got sacked because my pay had gone up and they would rather employ a 16 yr old cause they are cheaper. It demonstrates the nature of the work environment. By the way the letter was all of 5 sentences and had more typos than this little write up because my boss left school at year 10 and is an idiot.

Alternatively so we are not getting to grumpy, the acticle in my small town local paper about a community forum held by the police on teen vandalism in the area demonstrates the willingness of the police to partake in discussions with concerned citizens about the idiots that keep painting koon suck on walls around town. It is heaps good for the institutions and personal experience because it shows how our community (small town) is active in trying to fix a problem by assisting the police ( a work place ) in maintaining a decent level of community support for the work of the police to maintain a harmonious cummunity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)