• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Nazism 1924-29 (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i've looked in a lot of places, and i can't seem to find much info on what happend with the nazi part after the munich putsch and after hitler got out of jail.

all i've got, is basically, that hitler reorganised the party - the whole dividing the country into districts etc , some random sentences on propoganda with strasser/goebbels and that the nazi party experienced limited success during this period of time.

i still have no idea how things developed, what happened what hitler did etc. right now i'm getting the image that hitler just sat back and didn't do verymuch for four years but i highly doubt thats the case....

any help?

RHINO7

HSC
During this period Hitler reorganised the Nazi Party. When he left prison he discovered the party in a bad state. He used the years 1924-1929 to rebuild the party, he did the following things:

Set up many organisations within the party. This gave it the basic structure to expand into a mass movement when the time was right.

Introduced Nazi leagues for women, students, teachers, law offices and physicians.

Divided Germany into regions (gaue) and appointed Gauleiters to build up the party in their region.

Set up special party departments, including propaganda and the Hitler youth.

Adopted the Swastika as the party's emblem and the stiff arm salute.

Hitler reformed the SA.

Hitler discovered that instead of trying to take power with force he decided that it was necessary to find a legal way of gaining power, so it was important for him to attract new party members and powerful friends.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
hmm....could you expand on that a bit?

Set up many organisations within the party. This gave it the basic structure to expand into a mass movement when the time was right.

Introduced Nazi leagues for women, students, teachers, law offices and physicians.
are the organisations and leagues you talk about, the same thing?
coz i found info on like a few specific "leagues"....

& apart from propaganda, the SA/SS and the hitler youth (which i categorised more as a league) are there any other departments i should know about?

i'm guessing at this stage we can brief over this section a bit, because it'll be looked at more in depth in the syllabus section "Nazism in power" - life in the nazi state etc ....?

-pari-

HSC
N/A
ummm...oops. talk about mass spam...

my screen froze and ...yes.

RHINO7

HSC
are the organisations and leagues you talk about, the same thing? Well apart from being leagues and organisations they do contain different concepts.

& apart from propaganda, the SA/SS and the hitler youth (which i categorised more as a league) are there any other departments i should know about?
Possibly

i'm guessing at this stage we can brief over this section a bit, because it'll be looked at more in depth in the syllabus section "Nazism in power" - life in the nazi state etc ....?
Um i think 'life in the nazi state' and "Nazism in power" would be the years following the depression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)