• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need Desperate help (1 Viewer)

pboy_

HSC
hey guys,
im in yr 12 atm n need some desperate help and advice. i juz had my half yearlies n my ranks are not good
there in the upper half but only just. im doing phys chem bio 4u math (but im thinking of dropping down to 3) and adv eng.
now heres the bit that makes look like a dikhed. thru all yr 11 and yr 12 i did practically no hw n always had last dayers on my assessments. im getting passes for all my subjects n i know that if i actually study and prepare i can do better, but im wondering if its too late. my aim for the uai is between 80-90.
Thnx in advance

ellen.louise

HSC
pboy_ said:
hey guys,
im in yr 12 atm n need some desperate help and advice. i juz had my half yearlies n my ranks are not good
there in the upper half but only just. im doing phys chem bio 4u math (but im thinking of dropping down to 3) and adv eng.
now heres the bit that makes look like a dikhed. thru all yr 11 and yr 12 i did practically no hw n always had last dayers on my assessments. im getting passes for all my subjects n i know that if i actually study and prepare i can do better, but im wondering if its too late. my aim for the uai is between 80-90.
Thnx in advance
It's never too late until it's actually over. You can always improve, and no matter how badly you have done, if you're capable of better than at this stage 80 or 90 is possible. I'm guessing you probably aren't aiming for 99 or something, so what you want is possible to get at this stage. We still have 50% of internal assessment to go, remember. Then make sure you absolutely kill your HSC exams. You'll do fine.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
It's never too late. You've only gotten just halfway through the year. In fact, when I was in Year 12, this was when my focus kicked in. My efforts to study and take time in my majorworks went exponential around this time anyway. Just put your head down, you don't have long to go.

Also remember that what you do is only 50% of your HSC. It's ridiculous to feel as though it's too late! Go through your syllabuses, talk to teachers, do some practice essays, get your majorworks going and ask for criticism for everything in order to improve. Be assertive about it.

It's only May and you've got October, come on! How silly of you to feel that it might be too late. :)

Sofstar

HSC
Then study and you can more like WILL, do better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)