need help for multimedia !! (1 Viewer)

ellyhatesyou

hardcore procrastinator
HSC
hey im doing a website which is like a crime mystery thingy

can anyone tell me first of all if ive used flash to create my website do i somehow need to include the flash player software or can i assume they already have that or can get it themselves?

also, how should i format a "logic map" ?

please help mee!!

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Hey,

I'm doing Multimedia --> Websites as well; to solve what you're asking --

1. What file type will the eventual product be? (i.e .html? might not be if its flash!)
2. What file type will your flash elements be if so.

I recommend emailing the Board of Studies and asking them - I asked about browser versions. It took TWO WEEKS for them to respond - do not wait!

A logic map is basically how markers will navigate your website; remember - a seperate hard copy also has to be printed :)

The final product has to be able to be executed on a specified browser. Try your website out on many external computers. At a library, at your school... check.

ellyhatesyou

hardcore procrastinator
HSC
Oh thankyou :)

The final product I think will be a flash movie file [.swf]
So that was my main question as to whether they will have the flash player software?
I know most computers do but maybe I shouldn't just assume..

About the logic map, does that mean that because my site is mainly image-driven that I should use screen shots and like point out which parts of the screen you click to move forwards?

And a specified browser can just be Internet Explorer version 6 or whatever can't it?

Argh so many questions and it's due in two weeks :S

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Yes, that should be the case with your logic map ^^

Remember - you also need a hard copy of each screen.

Swf files should be fine, but I would just for safety's sake email the BOS and be fairly quick, because they take ages to reply.

And yes, you can specify whatever browser and version you desire :)

HSC
You can submit the actual Flash Player if you want to.

It's in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS3\Players depending what version of flash you have. The file is called FlashPlayer.exe and it's used to open and play .swf files. You would need to copy the entire 'Players' folder (60mb?)

All my powerpoint presentations for school has been on flash:cool: and was my initial idea for Ext2..

Anyways, good luck =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)