• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need Help On English Essay ! ! ! (1 Viewer)

MouNtY

I've got an assessment coming up soon we get the question to take home and then we have to go into class and write it. But i just wanted to know if ne1 had some tips or some sort of acronym to help in writing this essay, or some advice on good essay structure. I just missed an assignment worth 20% and i want to do as well in this assessment as possible so please help me if you can.
Any help would be much appreciated.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Plan ur essay first...

[*] introduction -100 words
[*] Body:
:)set text - 500 words
:)Supplemenatry (2 at least) - 250 words each = 500 words
[*] Conclusion : just rephrase the Q or make a good conclusion - 50-100 words

after writing the essay.....type it up.....then divide it into points with 2-3 sentences in each point. Then print it off.....highlight the important keywords......then learn it off by heart by re-writing each point several times...say it aloud as u leard....at first one point then 2 points together then 3 points and so on...

- make sure u time ur essay before u go for the exam!!...i guess it shud be an hr if ur lesson is one hr...but in HSC its supposed to be 40 minutes per essay (3 essays = 40*3 = 2hrs)

Good Luck!! :)

Last edited:

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
YEAH make sure u have 2 SUPPLEMENTARY TEXTS!!!

cos...in the HSC...one of my essays was too long..so i was like they usually say "AT LEAST ONE TEXT OF YOUR OWN CHOOSING" so i'd just use one text to fit my essay in the time. But then in the exam it turned up like "TWO TEXTS"....so yeah i managed to fit it all in time...using only one text sounds so dodgy to me...u may loose marks.

Last edited:

MouNtY

Thanks heaps for the help. I'm sure it will go a long way in helping to get me some good marks for mah assessment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)