Need help, please (1 Viewer)

Soundly

HSC
N/A
Im kind of stuck..

I am a straight A student (not trying brag) and I am in year 11. I am doing 3U English and both the histories along with 2 sciences; needless to say that the humanities are my favourite. But the thing that is demoralising me currently is that since I am a straight A student, I am also Autistic/Asperger’s and while I enjoy the humanities, I like English more. So what that means is that I’m losing interest in the rest of my subjects.
Now, siting in advanced, one would think that I feel…challenged, at least. But no, I am losing interest because the content is too easy, for me at least.

The teacher recognises that and while he attempts to keep me somehow still interested in the class, he fails miserably. He does not that I am autistic. Early this year I received two 15/15s with slight ease but then I started to lose interest when I found out that I have already read all texts that we’re going to study this year and next year. When I lost interest, I still managed somewhat decent results, for the yearly Shakespearean study I received a mark of 12 out of 15 in an essay that was written in half an hour. I later received another 12/15 for a comparative study that was written in no more than 1 hour.

For Eext, I have attained 24/25 for the essay, 25/25 for the creative piece and 10/10 for the presentation while I was falling asleep in class (not because it’s a morning class!)I have maintained good marks in the histories, ranked in the top two if not first. I won’t even touch on the Sciences.

This post has gone on for way too long, and what I want to ask is that I am thinking of dropping out but I still want to study the high arts (majoring in English or something related to literature/linguistics)
Is it possible to go to university without sitting the HSC?
Please guys reply, I need some advice. I am going through hell everyday

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Is it possible to get to uni without going through the HSC? Yeah

But your easiest and best way is through the HSC.

thems the breaks

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Wait until you're a mature aged student, through TAFE or other pre-uni college, etc.

Pretty much all of those means you have to wait a bit - or do extra work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)