NEED HELP... possibly a common problem (1 Viewer)

nessyfreak

HSC
I am trying to get started but having trouble.
this may seem like a dumb question but are we meant to start out by reading books on the CONTENT of the topic or am i meant to look for books which examines my topic in a similar way that i am going to do it (HISTORIOGRAPHY).
i went to the library and there are heaps of books on my topic but nothing to do with the way history has been constructed etc.

What have you been doing? PLEASE HELP.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
nessyfreak said:
this may seem like a dumb question but are we meant to start out by reading books on the CONTENT of the topic or am i meant to look for books which examines my topic in a similar way that i am going to do it (HISTORIOGRAPHY).
i went to the library and there are heaps of books on my topic but nothing to do with the way history has been constructed etc.

What have you been doing? PLEASE HELP.
IMO i believe you should look at the debates surrounding your topic first. then look up background knowledge and such if you need to know something in relation to it. that's what ive been doing, but i still havent really found a lot of relevant information or have done anything major on my project yet ><"

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

nessyfreak said:
Content.

If you figured out what historiography is, you will have noted that by looking at the content, you're looking at historiography. What has the author written about? What is important? What is unimportant? What are his methods? etc, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)