Need help with destinations! (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Recently I have been looking at two airline Round the World deals and I cannot decide on which one because I am stuck on the final destination- either Hawaii or japan

so this is my main itinery: Sydney --> Hong Kong --> Brussels --> ?? --> Sydney

Deal 1) 1649 + tax (i think it's $335)
flying British Airways/ Qantas if I am going to Japan, flying JAL back to Australia. My final destination is a bonus so I am more interested in which airline to fly with instead of where i am going.

My route will be: Sydney --> London (transit only) --> Brussels --> London (transit only) --> Japan --> Sydney

Advantage:
* Qantas and BA and JAL --> high reputation
* I really really want to fly with JAL and this is a really good deal!!
* Frequent flyer Millege :)
* Crazy Japan shopping!!
* and all those interesting japanese stuff

Disadvantage
* accommodation and transport can be expensive in Japan
* as weird as it might sound but i am scared of terrorist attack on London routes

Deal 2) 1599 + tax (possibly over $350)
flying Qantas to HK, Lufthansa to and from Europe, Air Canada to hawaii via Vancouver

Itinery: Sydney --> HK --> Frankfurt (stopover allowed) --> Brussels --> Frankfurt --> Vancouver (stopover allowed) --> Hawaii --> Sydney

Advantage
* Hawaii!! oh man, think about it, Sunshine, beautiful beaches :)
* for a trip to Hawaii, you've gotta say it's an unbelievable deal!
* probably cost me less for accommodation in comparison to Japan

Disadvantage
* flying Lufthansa and Air Canada (<-- never flown with Air Canada but heard there are bad reputations with just any northern american airlines in general)
* less millege earned (coz it spreads into Lufthansa and Qantas account and Lufthansa requires high points to exchange tickets!!)

ok, you might say that I am weird because basically what's hindering me is the airline problem.
well, which one will you choose and why??

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
I would choose the second deal.

-Its cheaper
-The destinations are more appealing to me
-I think that you would have more fun/site seeing etc
-I wouldn't really like to go Japan just yet, I'd rather see Europe and Hawaii

..thats just how I see it

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
eLmo said:
I would choose the second deal.

-Its cheaper
-The destinations are more appealing to me
-I think that you would have more fun/site seeing etc
-I wouldn't really like to go Japan just yet, I'd rather see Europe and Hawaii

..thats just how I see it
Oh I have seen Europe. just the Hawaii part's sooooo appealing. but I don't like Lufthansa and I am sceptical about Air Canada. Have you flown with any of them??

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Then still personally I would choose Hawaii over Japan.
..but I like Lufthansa, and if Air Canada is anything like those American airlines - its not sounding too good.. then again I'm not sure that you should choose which trip to take based on airlines.. (even if it is a big part of the trip) ..Just choose the place that you think you'd enjoy the most.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Lufthansa has a good rep ... the only reason why many ppl don't trust it is cause they no longer fly to Australia any more. They stopped flying here in Nov 2001. Anyway, I would personally prefer Europe over Japan ... many more countries and different cultures to experience.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Canada isnt that bad.. my sister and her family fly that to get to Australia.. (Canada to LAX, United to Sydney) and say UA is pretty dodgy, but AC is decent.. and That flight, you get 2 stopovers in North America..take it dude! better than Japan anyday ;)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
dont listen to elmo, shes just a stalker who is after that gay looking fella in her sig...

i think the first one is better, with the japan destination and all... did you factor in the increasing aud when counting the costs of accomadation?

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
rofl.. fuck off oj.. you said you'd stop the Kimi bashing!

I stand by my pick of hawaii

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
alright alright... no need to swear at someone with my status...
i havnt been to jp, but i think itll be mad... plus i got a couples friends there so i wouldnt mind see em...

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Orange Juice said:
dont listen to elmo, shes just a stalker who is after that gay looking fella in her sig...

i think the first one is better, with the japan destination and all... did you factor in the increasing aud when counting the costs of accomadation?
Hey OJ! Long time no talk.

Is the aussie dollar rising? i think I have been out of this world for toooooo long!

I think my dilemma is now choosing japan or Singapore.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
sugaryblue said:
Hey OJ! Long time no talk.

Is the aussie dollar rising? i think I have been out of this world for toooooo long!

I think my dilemma is now choosing japan or Singapore.
hey... yeh its been a while... im still patiently waiting twenty four seven for you to reply to my pm that was sent a few years back....:p

the aud hasnt broke the record for its value but its relatively high compared to what it was back a year ago.... but then again this may have only been against the usd, i dont think it gained too much against the euro though

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Orange Juice said:
hey... yeh its been a while... im still patiently waiting twenty four seven for you to reply to my pm that was sent a few years back....:p

the aud hasnt broke the record for its value but its relatively high compared to what it was back a year ago.... but then again this may have only been against the usd, i dont think it gained too much against the euro though

oh really?? :embarrassed: Maybe I have opened it then thought that I have replied :( oh man, i am soooo sorry, i'll go back and have a look at it again. so how have you been?!

I know that 1 aussie dollar = about 0.59 euro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)