Need help with the eligibility of UAI (1 Viewer)

DAVE1990

HSC
Hi everyone

Im unsure of the eligibility of getting an UAI.
Currently, I am studying these subjects:
English, Maths 2U, Business Studies, Senior Science, Industrial Tech.(wood) and Information process and technology, 12units in total (minimum in yr11)
Im planning to drop senior science at the end of the year (when preliminary courses ends n HSC courses starts)
We have to do 10units the minimum to be eligible for the entry of HSC, right?
So, I'll be doing English, maths 2U, business studies, Industrial Tech.(wood) and Information process and technology, 5subjects and 10 units in total.
the problem is that I am unsure about the category A and B.
as i saw on the UAC site,
"To be eligible for an UAI in 2006 a student must satisfactorily complete at least 10 units of UAI courses."
10 Units of UAI courses , does it mean 10 units of category A?
but then I saw this:
"These UAI courses must include at least:
eight units from Category A courses
..."
Based on what I heard at school, only Category A courses are counted towards the UAI right? but it saids ATLEAST 8UNITS from category A courses above, on the 1st quotation it saids at least 10units of UAI courses, what does this mean?
8U of category A , 10U of UAI courses? isnt only categoryA courses that would only be counted towards UAI or m i wrong, category B courses also contributes to UAI?

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS:
am I still going to get an UAI with these subjects:
1. English (2U, category A)
2. Maths 2U (2U, category A)
3. Information Process and Technology (2U, category A)
4. Busines Studies (2U, category A)
5. Industrial Tech.(wood) (2U, but category B)

In total, 10Units with 4 Category A courses and 1 category B course.

any help would be appreciated!!!
thanks every1!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Yes you will get a UAI. a category B course is one that can contribute to the UAI but only under certain conditions (8 units of category A) and you meet these conditions.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I thought you needed 10 Category A courses in order for Category B courses to count towards your UAI. That's what my friend thinks anyway. She can't drop any subjects after the prelim year because she think she needs to have 12 units in order for her Hospitality to count. Is she wrong?

Jachie

HSC
f3nr15 said:
10 units only for Preliminary ? You need 12 ...
Huh? No one mentioned anything about having 10 units for prelim. year.

mandathepanda

HSC
Jachie said:
I thought you needed 10 Category A courses in order for Category B courses to count towards your UAI. That's what my friend thinks anyway. She can't drop any subjects after the prelim year because she think she needs to have 12 units in order for her Hospitality to count. Is she wrong?
From what i've heard you can count one category B course towards your UAI.

HSC
f3nr15 said:
F********** 111!!!

Why does my school make us do 12 units in the Preliminary ?
Because they want you to have a UAI, that's why. You can't get it without doing 12 units of prelim. You should be grateful your school wants to give you the chance to go to university, you ungrateful bastard.

Jachie

HSC
Without Wings said:
No you need to include at least 8 units from category A not 10 :)

UAI Eligibility
To be eligible for a UAI a student must satisfactorily complete at least 10 units of UAI courses. These UAI courses must include at least:
- eight units from Category A courses
- two units of English
- three Board Developed courses of two units or greater
- four subjects.

For more info see the UAC site.
Ahahaha tops. I can now tell her she'll be able to drop Business at the end of Term 3. She'll be over the fucking moon.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
yep u'll be right with those subjects. a lot of people in my grade did 10 units with 2 of those being hospitality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)