• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need help with timetable D: (1 Viewer)

trevhk

HSC
N/A
As stated in the title, I need help asap!

I am doing a B Business/B Laws course, studying primarily business subjects in the first semester. The issue however, is picking the timetable for my 2nd Semester courses, which is consistent of one business core subject and 2 core law subjects (legal methods and research, perspectives on law). First of all, are we meant to be allocating time slots for semester 2 subjects so early in the year or do we have to wait until the end of Semester 1 before we are eligible to choose time slots? I do realise that there are sections which have times already up for the spring semester.

This is all a bit too confusing for me, and yes I'm an enormous noob lol. However, what's really got me a bit stumped is that the interface is different:

Section SC03
Available to all students
Sem1 Sem2
Sem1 03 Tue 15:00 Sem2 03 Thu 09:00

So, in this case, do I select semester 2? Aren't there meant to be options to choose times for tutorial and lectures or is that the option that is enabled later in the year, nearing the end of semester 1?

Also, I'm a little perplexed at the options given for legal methods and research:

Available to all students
Cmp1 Sem1
Cmp1 01 Wed 15:00 Sem1 01 Mon 15:00

There's no option to select semester 2 classes? What does Cmp stand for ;_;? Oh how easy and straightforward everything use to be, back in high school O_O.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you

Aeriff

HSC
You're confusing Sem1 and Sem2 with Semester 1 and Semester 2 - Sem1 on the timetable refers to a SEMINAR for that specific subject. Semester 1 is referred to by UTS as the AUTUMN semester, 2 being SPRING. Cmp is a Computer Lab. See UTS: Class Timetable - Help

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
What Aeriff said-- also, you select the subjects/times for the entire year. You can theoretically hold off on selecting Spring Semester subjects until the end of Autumn semester, but you won't get very good spots =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)