• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need help (1 Viewer)

sarbear.h

HSC
Hiii I was wondering if you guys found ATAR notes helpful? Like the book you can get from dymocks or qbd, is it worth it to turn to when u need to cram?

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
Hiii I was wondering if you guys found ATAR notes helpful? Like the book you can get from dymocks or qbd, is it worth it to turn to when u need to cram?
i find the legal & businesses one really helpful ! helped me a lot in my assessments and when i make summaries

sarbear.h

HSC
i find the legal & businesses one really helpful ! helped me a lot in my assessments and when i make summaries
omgg do you have anything on the data privacy with respect to technology or digital era? I have a legal studies essay and I don't know what case studies I should include in my essay. The essay can't be longer than 2 pages so I'm not sure whether I should refer to one case or 2

wildwestworm

HSC
omgg do you have anything on the data privacy with respect to technology or digital era? I have a legal studies essay and I don't know what case studies I should include in my essay. The essay can't be longer than 2 pages so I'm not sure whether I should refer to one case or 2
If your essay has to do with the lack of data privacy, here are two cases
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission v HealthEngine Pty Ltd (HealthEngine admitted to giving non-clinical personal information of over 135,000 patients to third party private health insurance brokers)
- Australian Information Commissioner v Clearview AI Inc (Clearview collected sensitive information without consent, didn't ensure information was correct or comply with Australian Privacy Principles)

Those are just two I found, lmk if you need more. I think it depends on the word count, but it's always best to use at least 2 legal cases in your essay, as well as some media😊

sarbear.h

HSC
If your essay has to do with the lack of data privacy, here are two cases
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission v HealthEngine Pty Ltd (HealthEngine admitted to giving non-clinical personal information of over 135,000 patients to third party private health insurance brokers)
- Australian Information Commissioner v Clearview AI Inc (Clearview collected sensitive information without consent, didn't ensure information was correct or comply with Australian Privacy Principles)

Those are just two I found, lmk if you need more. I think it depends on the word count, but it's always best to use at least 2 legal cases in your essay, as well as some media😊
The question for the essay is Discuss the effectiveness of the law in enforcing the individual's right to privacy in connection with technology in Australia.
I don't quite know how to write a legal essay because I'm assuming it has to be far more formal than a regular english essay. I also don't know where to start because it's due next week and all I have now is mentioning the Privacy Act (1988)

wildwestworm

HSC
The question for the essay is Discuss the effectiveness of the law in enforcing the individual's right to privacy in connection with technology in Australia.
I don't quite know how to write a legal essay because I'm assuming it has to be far more formal than a regular english essay. I also don't know where to start because it's due next week and all I have now is mentioning the Privacy Act (1988)
Usually legal essays focus on being more informative than an English essay, you need things like legislations, media cases, legal cases, etc, but I personally don't think they're that different. If you go on resources for legal studies, there are some really good essays people have uploaded - you can use that as an idea of what to do.

With your essay topic, you have to discuss the effectiveness of the law. That usually means giving multiple perspectives, like how the law has been both effective and ineffective in enforcing the individual right to privacy. You have to analyse how certain laws have been effective or ineffective regarding privacy and technology in Australia. I would recommend researching the laws you want to write about and finding out how effective they've been, then you can put your essay together with media examples and legal cases. What I would do is write about one law that's been effective, one that's been ineffective and one that has been both effective and ineffective, but it's up to you how you'd like to structure it 😀

Also the Privacy Act is a good start as it is a legislation, which is something you need to add to your essay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)