• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need ideas and help! (1 Viewer)

alexus10096

HSC
Hello everyone.
If I could get some help on some trouble. The problem is that I am thinking of dropping IPT as the teacher is a borer and his methods of teaching isn't getting to me alot.
But what stops that is that because I am doing a split system, where the 12 'common' units or 6 subjects is selected over the course of 2 years, meaning on one year, senoir students choose 3 subjects and complete the prelim and hsc for those three subjects for that year and the following year this repeats. It is essentially accelerating everything. Very unusual but it exists.
Anyway, I am doing for this year- 2U maths, 3U maths, Biology and IPT. Next year I plan to do Physics, Chemistry and Adv. english.
Would it be a wise choice to drop IPT and focus on the remaining 11 units or would it be safer to do 13 units?
I am going quite ok so far, averaging 4-5th in a class of about 12. I do find it boring at times, but I can learn it if I knuckle down.
Any suggestions?
I am also aiming for 91+ :)

Thank you so much

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If you drop IPT, do you think that the extra time you gain for your remaining subjects will result in a considerable increase in performance?

traceur7

HSC
drop IPT and focus on other subjects. it will help u a lot. trust me

alexus10096

HSC
I do not spend much time during my prelims to study for IPT. The teacher teaches so that the information is in one ear, out the other, because his way of teaching is not 'great'. But come HSC, would It be better to spend the time on maths and bio? And by the way, IPT isnt one of the high-ranking subjects is it?

alexus10096

HSC
ok, but would you think it would be worth while to do it, just as a 'back up'?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
ok, but would you think it would be worth while to do it, just as a 'back up'?
Only provided that you believe your performance in your other subjects won't improve by a fair amount with the extra time available.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Don't forget that you will still have to have 12 units of Preliminary to be eligible for an HSC. Will you have those 12 Preliminary units if you drop IPT?

alexus10096

HSC
Don't forget that you will still have to have 12 units of Preliminary to be eligible for an HSC. Will you have those 12 Preliminary units if you drop IPT?
Yeah, I am currently doing 7 units right now which is the IPT, Maths 2U/3U and Bio.

So dropping it at the end of the HSC is a pathway.

alexus10096

HSC
Only provided that you believe your performance in your other subjects won't improve by a fair amount with the extra time available.
Ok, well I actually haven't looked at the subject at home over these 10 weeks of subjects, only just Bio and Maths. I have a hunch though, that during the HSC months, I may need to spend plenty of time on it, which in effect may counter with the Maths and Bio. They say 'having less is having more', though I'm not sure how to put it in my situation.
Thankyou for your inputs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)