• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need some advice/tips on this essay question (2 Viewers)

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Discuss the influence of international organisations and agreements and trading blocs in promoting globalisation.

How would I integrate economic growth, economic development in this essay?

Any small help is very much appreciated, even brief.

Thank you.

deswa1

HSC
You don't really need to isolate economic growth or development in this essay- the question refers to the influence of various organisations on promoting globalisation (increasing trade, integration, investment etc.). Having said this, I would mention development through discussion of the World Bank, reducing differences between nations. Make sure you discuss both sides (restricting and promoting growth). This is just an intro that you could build off:

Globalisation has led to a dramatic increase in cross border flows such as trade, investment and technology, which have eroded national boundaries and led to greater levels of interdependence between nations. In today’s global economy, the links between nations make international communication and cooperation essential and this is reflected by the ever increasing influence of international organisations and contemporary trading blocs. These help promote the process of globalisation by allowing barriers to integration, such as protection, to be eliminated on a global scale, whilst also facilitating discussion between nations, leading to greater levels of international convergence. On the other hand however, trading blocs in particular often help contribute to the vast disparities in the global economy by setting up external protection and thus restrict the integration between nations.

Talk about the major actors in the global economy- WTO, IMF, WB, maybe UN, the EU, another trading bloc

Hope that helps :)

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
You don't really need to isolate economic growth or development in this essay- the question refers to the influence of various organisations on promoting globalisation (increasing trade, integration, investment etc.). Having said this, I would mention development through discussion of the World Bank, reducing differences between nations. Make sure you discuss both sides (restricting and promoting growth). This is just an intro that you could build off:

Globalisation has led to a dramatic increase in cross border flows such as trade, investment and technology, which have eroded national boundaries and led to greater levels of interdependence between nations. In today’s global economy, the links between nations make international communication and cooperation essential and this is reflected by the ever increasing influence of international organisations and contemporary trading blocs. These help promote the process of globalisation by allowing barriers to integration, such as protection, to be eliminated on a global scale, whilst also facilitating discussion between nations, leading to greater levels of international convergence. On the other hand however, trading blocs in particular often help contribute to the vast disparities in the global economy by setting up external protection and thus restrict the integration between nations.

Talk about the major actors in the global economy- WTO, IMF, WB, maybe UN, the EU, another trading bloc

Hope that helps :)
Oh that more than just helps deswa1 :) I just don't know exactly how to express my gratitude very well. But THANK YOU so much.

deswa1

HSC
Oh that more than just helps deswa1 :) I just don't know exactly how to express my gratitude very well. But THANK YOU so much.
Thanks but it really wasn't much. I've already written a full essay on that exact question so I just copied my intro and then just summarized a few other things. I can send you the full essay if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)