• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

neone doing horror/gothic stories? (1 Viewer)

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
HEY EVERIBODI

im neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

neways...

i was wonderin if neone here was doin nethin along the lines of HORROR/GOTHIC in terms of SS, becos so far i hafnt seen neone! :eek:

i thought it wud b a popular topic, but i think i was wrong.

im reali into my MW... i spent the whole xmas holidays writing the first draft n goin over it a billion times... yes call me crazy :chainsaw: !!!

hahahha... catch y'all lata~

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
i have a class mate doing a gothic fairytale...it sounds really interesting

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
gothic fairytale?

along the lines of bluebeard or more of jane eyre?

how mani ppl at ur school doin ext 2?

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
more along the lines of Brothers Grimm...he's doing a abusive stepfather...like the evil stepmother..and hes making it all dark and stuff...its sounds cool

8 ppl at our school do it

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
i dunn wanna freak u but... 50 r doin it at my school
hahahahah

its lyk a record or sumfin

ohhhh... i luv brother's grimm
i did the storytellin unit for preliminary last yr n loved it!

abusive stepfather?
so is it lyk pro-female or sumfin?
sounds reali reali reali interestin

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
we've only got one advanced class of around 20 something

cheeky_panda

HSC
i was gonna do a gothic short story - kind of a modern appropriation on the frankenstein promethues myth - i have already written it and everything - i was told it was really good and should be taken to a publisher by my teacher but i decided to do a critical response instead. THe story was part of the ext 1 assessment last yr.

btw we have 2 ppl doing ext 2 at our school.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I loved Bluebeard, the best Gothic story I ever read...Jane Eyre didn't display much gothic elements for me, only the shutting up of Bertha Mason

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
wow..sounds cool! i did frankenstein too and we had a similar assessment..would love to read it!

dreami, yeah im doing 4u.. doing video

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
panda - LET ME READ! - stuff wot ur teacher ses... it sounds super duper n u shud send off to publishers...

lilo - bluebeard is teh ultimate man... hav u read angela carter's version? it is fantastic... cept i didnt lyk the ending... a bit random

is jane eyre worth reading? my teacher recommended it for my MW bt its such a bloodi long book... *sigh*

trigger - wot kinda video? videos r always interestin...

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I'm doing documentary.

Tell me more about bluebeard..it sounds cool

cheeky_panda

HSC
yeh i will post it for you - its on my other computer tho and atm we dont have the internet on it - lol - but as soon as its back up and running ill do it for u or get it onto this comp - or whatever - lol. I duno if im regretting not doin that story - it needed a bit of fixing up but i had heaps of fun doin it and all - ah well i am happy with my idea atm anyway!

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
i think u prob heard it... but...

its about this woman who marries dis reali old guy wif a blue beard n he's all rich n sh*t... n he leaves for a business trip n b4 he goes he leaves her dese set of keys... he tells her to open woteva door of the house wif them... except ONE! if she does den he'll kill her...

she starts off orite... but her curiosity gets the better of her n she goes n opens the door... inside she finds the dead bodies of his past wives... n she freaks n drops the key in the pool of blood... the key gets stained n she cant get rid of it....

wen bluebeard returns he asks for the keys... n sees that the key is stained n gets P-Offed at her... bt b4 he kills her... her brothers arrive n rescue her n end up killing him... she inherits his wealth... AND... LIVES HAPPILY EVER AFTER... hahaha

thass abt it... n angela carter does a GREAT version of it...

u reali shud read it... not too long...

cheeky_panda

HSC
im doin a critical response questioning the reality of our reality - it sounds a bit confusing but the ideas keep coming - im gona rlate it to texts pop culture legal studies etc. It's going well. The idea of a short story daunted me and put me off using my gothic story - i duno y but it did lol!

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
i wanna share my MW wif u guys... n c wot u think... k?

my MW is three stories set in diff time periods in the same house... they are told in the perspective of three women... the first one is a maid in 1868, the second a heiress in 1934 and the third a sucessful businesswoman in 2004...

essentially, they are love stories turned sour... its supposed to defy the convention that all love is all sweet n happy... i expose the more destructive elements of love and lust...

neways... there is always someone that dies in every story... to spoil it... the first woman dies and sort of... leaves a curse on the house? so wen the second and third woman enter the house... they are inevitably exposed to the same fate...

i realised that its to say... no matter how power and strong women are... they are vulnerable to the will of men...

its a real brief skim... but wot do u fink?

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
OHHHH!!

i forgot to add that the three stories happen in one day (like the movie THE HOURS) and have weatheral elements to mirror what is happening in each story!

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
hhahahah... YAY!

thanks... i love my story so much

my own problem is that its hard to articulate all the horror, violence, death and pain in words!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)