New King. Egpt. - Explain the"Warrior Pharaoh"image&its sgnifcance during this period (1 Viewer)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
*sigh* and just when we thought you'd grown up a little and started to leave the arrogance out of your posts the old pwaryeux strikes again.

considering that your statement included "every soldier" is an exaggeration. Many things change but human nature is, generally speaking, not one of them. It is an incrediable generalisation to say that all soldiers in the Egyptian army felt that the reason they fought was to uphold Ma'at. Perhaps such indoctrination was attempted, but we can never say "all" with absolute certainty in ancient history. Consider --> you start by stating that we cannot know their mentality (though we can make educated guesses based on historical and archaeological evidence) but then go on to say what you think every soldier believed! So which is it?

X

xeuyrawp

silvermoon said:
*sigh* and just when we thought you'd grown up a little and started to leave the arrogance out of your posts the old pwaryeux strikes again.
Oh, I'm sorry mother. Please, lecture me.

considering that your statement included "every soldier" is an exaggeration. Many things change but human nature is, generally speaking, not one of them. It is an incrediable generalisation to say that all soldiers in the Egyptian army felt that the reason they fought was to uphold Ma'at.
They were told from bith that this was the right thing. From birth, silvermoon. It is not a generalisation to say that all soldiers felt that way- they were all told it from youth, they were all reminded it on the battlefield, none of them were told differently or have any reason to believe otherwise.

Perhaps such indoctrination was attempted, but we can never say "all" with absolute certainty in ancient history.
Yes we can, because that's what all the fucking evidence shows us. You cannot perform negative synthesis from Egyptological evidence- you cannot say that 'there may have been' because Egypt has the lowest amount of social philological evidence than any other semi-literate nation.

Consider --> you start by stating that we cannot know their mentality
I'm not saying can know their mentality- do I have to remind you to learn how to read? Yes, we can understand their beliefs- no, we can't understand the mentality arising from them. This fits into the category of beliefs, not their manifestating mentality.

(though we can make educated guesses based on historical and archaeological evidence)
You have a go at me for using bad terms? There is no such thing as social historical evidence from this time. They never wrote factual historical narratives outside of practical (one extreme) and propaganda (the other extreme) modes.

but then go on to say what you think every soldier believed! So which is it
When the fuck did I say that? When the fuck did I say "I know what every soldier believed"?

I know I never said that, because I DON'T know anything more than the average student. I say what I believe, that's the POINT of history. I FORWARD my ideas, based on the large amount of research I've done.

I DON'T know anything for sure, I've just looked at a lot of stuff. Would you say that to a historian: 'Ah... excuse me Mr Kemp, but you're saying you know what they believed... I think you're immature...' Oh, wait- Kemp says what he thinks! No more!

From what I've read, from what evidence I've looked at, from all the things I've heard, I think (I guess I have to put that in now, because you're a toss-pot) that they were told from birth that their cause was just. I think this because of primary and secondary sources that I've read. I could discuss this further- BUT WHO CARES! We're here to learn about the HSC.

Get off my back, silvermoon. You're a petty little bitch.

X

xeuyrawp

angelduck said:
Score update, Moonie 4, Pwar 1/2 (just for trying)
angelduck said:
And score update Moonie 3, Pwar 0
Yes, but lets not judge looks (assuming that's you in your av), intelligence, or confidence shall we?

pwar: 1337, angelduck: -13.5 (just for being butt-ugly, dumb as a brick, or as syncophantic as the senators of Rome).

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
said the guy carrying what i assume is a light-saber?? And wearing red nail polish

Btw, that photoi was taken neraly a yr ago, and i have lost about 10kg since then

And im not dumb, i wouldnt have gone to a selective svhool, recieved the UAI i didm, or gotten into speech path if i was

X

xeuyrawp

angelduck said:
said the guy carrying what i assume is a light-saber??
No, hunny, it's a guitar.

And wearing red nail polish
That photo is this one with red effect on it. Coincidentally, I have been known to wear nailpolish when I'm playing with my band, red can be so chic-goth.

Btw, that photoi was taken neraly a yr ago, and i have lost about 10kg since then
Good for you. You should do some jogging for me, I could use some.

And im not dumb, i wouldnt have gone to a selective svhool, recieved the UAI i didm, or gotten into speech path if i was
Bah, UAI is soooo not a good representation of intelligence. That being said; do you tink you're sycophantic?

amydell

HSC
N/A
Re: New King. Egpt. - Explain the"Warrior Pharaoh"image&its sgnifcance during this pe

what if your doing the New Kingdom Period?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)