ngo and sons? (1 Viewer)

kookiekook

HSC
N/A
hello. does anyone know how long i need to wait for ngo and sons to contact me unless i ask my parents to call them? ive done my entrance exam 2 weeks ago. and skipped about 11-13 questions since it was hard. i heard that the lower class are really less students but idk why they havent contacted me but theres apparently a long waiting list for year 9. i really need to go tutor asap since my maths is like so bad. if you know any tutors please recommend :) i might go there if ngo n sons take too long to contact. im pretty sure i wrote the corrct phone number. also can i get reviews on ngo and sons too?

parad0xica

HSC
N/A
They contacted me just over a week after I did the test for year 10.

Try waiting one more week then apply for different tutor.

Have a look at Harry's, there are many threads on this forum. Google "harry's tutoring forum"

My review on Ngo & Sons:

Good: funny jokes (less boring), challenging, many shortcuts revealed, enlightening and inspirational (occasional stories), forced to maintain alertness (thus increased focus), easy E3 (at least) if you learn to do maths their way, encourage the less intelligent, intelligence is not a barrier as long as you work hard, Mai and Ngo are really nice people when you talk to them out of class

The below is what I've experienced and highly liked they have changed.

Bad: (was) judgemental i.e. if you fail to answer a question or yawn or do a "sleep-nod", then you will get condemned and insulted (e.g. stupid idiot), you will lack critical thinking exercises because they teach you to memorise their methods for certain questions, high chance of developing a fixed-mindset (please research this) as they praise the intelligent and bring down the unintelligent even though they encourage them to work hard lead to a growth-mindset but subconsciously, unintelligent people feel inferior

Last edited:

kookiekook

HSC
N/A
when did u apply? your talking about Fairfield right? THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEW :)

fluffchuck

HSC
Did you do the last question? That is the only question which decides if you can go to this tutor or not.

RyanT7

HSC
Bad: (was) judgemental i.e. if you fail to answer a question or yawn or do a "sleep-nod", then you will get condemned and insulted (e.g. stupid idiot), you will lack critical thinking exercises because they teach you to memorise their methods for certain questions, high chance of developing a fixed-mindset (please research this) as they praise the intelligent and bring down the unintelligent even though they encourage them to work hard lead to a growth-mindset but subconsciously, unintelligent people feel inferior
fuark. i would knock them out brah

parad0xica

HSC
N/A
when did u apply? your talking about Fairfield right? THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEW :)
Years ago when I was in year 9

fuark. i would knock them out brah
"Do you know why people like violence? It is because it feels good. Humans find violence deeply satisfying. But remove the satisfaction, and the act becomes... hollow." - Alan Turing (The Imitation Game, 2014)

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
"Do you know why people like violence? It is because it feels good. Humans find violence deeply satisfying. But remove the satisfaction, and the act becomes... hollow." - Alan Turing (The Imitation Game, 2014)
God loves violence.

Why else would there be so much of it? It's in us. It's what we are. We wage war, we burn sacrifices, and pillage and plunder and tear at the flesh of our brothers. And why? Because God gave us violence to wage in his honor.

There's no moral order as pure as this storm. There's no moral order at all. There's just this: can my violence conquer yours?
- Shutter Island 2010

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

Have a look at Harry's, there are many threads on this forum. Google "harry's tutoring forum"

My review on Ngo & Sons:

Good: funny jokes (less boring), challenging, many shortcuts revealed, enlightening and inspirational (occasional stories), forced to maintain alertness (thus increased focus), easy E3 (at least) if you learn to do maths their way, encourage the less intelligent, intelligence is not a barrier as long as you work hard, Mai and Ngo are really nice people when you talk to them out of class

Lol how many years ago did you go to Ngo and sons Parad0xica?

lol they literally never ask us questions (I remember Mr Mai did) but they get you to work hard rather than be a lazy dickhead

Another Con of Ngo and sons is that a majority of their classes are after school

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Years ago when I was in year 9

lmao how long did it take for you to get a place there parad0xica? Probablt back in the day when they had 150 kids in the waiting line lmao

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
The differences I realise in Ngo and Sons (since you were as a student) is that they have 10 classes per cohort (in fairfield) and they have an additional campus in Parramatta in order to sustrain the whole population

Also there a bunch of "directors" now due to the massive increase in students (which have created an additional campus in Parramatta)

They have a science faculty now (not sure about physics and chemistry)

Can't think of much right now lol

Mach_1

HSC

My review on Ngo & Sons:

He makes u memorise for speed. Esp in 4u where speed is everything. Most of the time they dont give marks for long working needed for graphs so speed and shortcuts are key. Also he does explain these shortcuts and its easy to see how they work. If u understand and follow along their teaching methods are the most efficient.

Love it when he insults the class. Makes u realise u arent the best or even pretty well off like u sometimes think and inspires u to try harder.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)