• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Norway!! (1 Viewer)

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
ive been there many times. my mum comes from there so we go back there to visit family etc.

Its pretty nice there, great scenery & really the best out of both worlds weather wise. During the summer it can be roasting hot, and in the winter its as cold as cold can be. Heaps of snow, great.

The people there are really friendly & i met some interesting charachters there. I recommend it as a country. :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
...cool. if you were travelling over there alone what would you recommend as far as accomodation and work goes? someone sugessted to me working at a ski resort.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Norway has taken the award for "Best country to live in" 4 straight times in a row. In the running is Australia and Canada.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
My friend went there on exchange and absolutely loved it, albeit a little cold.

Reccomended.

Kaiser Zero

Banned
HSC
I've heard Oslo is a bit too culturally.. endowed.

Going in april

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
i want to go to norway too... in midsummer.... when it never gets dark :)

noftus

HSC
N/A
Norway is an amazing place. It is also costly. A beer costs a good $30-40.

If you're going to go, I suggest you do it for its amazing nature - visit the fjords and do a cross-country train/ferry/bus trip which takes you from Oslo to Bergen (and back).

Heading up north is also a great experience. Try to stay out of Oslo - as it's like a poor-mans Stockholm (only more expensive).

Then I suggest you catch the train to Stockholm, check it out, then ferry to Talinn Estonia (where beer is around $1).

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Kaiser Zero said:
By that I mean non-norsk cultures..
Bullshit, last time I was in Oslo 2 years ago I was astounded at how white the place was, other than Chinese and Indian restaurants. The whole time I was in Bergen (Norways 2nd largest city) I did not see anyone who was not white (other than Japanese tourists).

Oslo is quite depressing and boring, if you want to have fun in Norway head for the hills and fjords. Bergen is a much more nicer, panoramic town. The cost is another thing though and you will PAY for EVERYTHING dearly.

I dont think a beer would cost $30, more around the $10-$15 mark.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
noftus said:
Norway is an amazing place. It is also costly. A beer costs a good $30-40.

If you're going to go, I suggest you do it for its amazing nature - visit the fjords and do a cross-country train/ferry/bus trip which takes you from Oslo to Bergen (and back).

Heading up north is also a great experience. Try to stay out of Oslo - as it's like a poor-mans Stockholm (only more expensive).

Then I suggest you catch the train to Stockholm, check it out, then ferry to Talinn Estonia (where beer is around $1).
Trust me, a beer was never $30-$40.

*Minka*

HSC
I have been there twice and loved it! Bergen is gorgeous and I actually found Oslo to be very charming and nice to visit. They have great music as well, nice people and it is gorgeous in winter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)