• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Not motivated for my major work (1 Viewer)

xandersnape

HSC
Im doing a stage script for my major work and for the last few weeks I just havent been motivated to work on it. I dont know why, I was crazy obsessed with it for ages but since the half yearlies where I didnt work on it for the two weeks of studying I cant seem to really get into it again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal?

I need to do my Viva Voce during the first week back and I havent finished the first draft. I'v chosen a perculiar way of putting my script together and it's making it difficult to tie everything together.

Any advice?

LordPc

HSC
do your draft.

if you want to do well, you will need to get good marks in assessments. to get good marks in assessments you have to be prepared. to be prepared you have to write your draft.

so start writing

Nightsarah

HSC
Oh man, I know how you feel. I havent worked on mine since the half yearlys either! I'm actually really disliking it. I made a short condensed version of where i want to go and now am really stuck in expanding it. I'm getting worried now. I wish I could start again but know I don't have time. And I dont want to hear lectures from teachers. I'm doing a non conventional script and am getting jitters that the markers will not like it.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i feel your pain, except i am feeling the pain of the ineptitude of people and thier lack of dedication for mine (due to the fact that i am doing a radio drama). They won't come and do things for me, and the room that i record in is said to be for "real students only" and so my major work is seen as unimportant. So i can't really do any work on mine, and i'm trying to find away aroudn these promblems, but i really don't want to have to change mediums and re-wrtie the script as either a short story or stage script . Any suggestions guys and gals?

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Normal?

Welcome to writer's block.

The only way to get out of it, is to write. Just write stuff. It may be useless and boring, but something will spark and then off you go again.

Nightsarah - if you want to start again. Start again. What you have written will not be a waste but could be the basis of the new project. Many writers (wyself included) deconstruct and reconstruct novels before they reach their final form. It's a daunting task pulling it completely apart and starting over, but, in the end, it produces something far more worthwhile.

Marquelle, in terms of your Ext2 major work as not being important, just go in and use the room. If you have to justify it, then that's just ridiculous. I am sure all the Art students get to use whatever they want or need no matter how unconventional their work is. If you continue to have problems, go to the Principal and tell them that you are being hindered in your HSC and are not receiving the support you require to produce your best work. Schools bang on about how they support the needs of individual students - call their bluff and hold them to it!

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i have and it has worked. On thrusday is an all schools atheletics carnival. And i asked my principal and he is letting me record my major all day when there are no other classes to complain. WHOOO.

xandersnape

HSC
Woo good on ya... how did the recording go?

I finally started writing again. When I produced my first draft, I had an actual drama teacher look at it and she completly ripped apart.
Now I have to go and re-write the entire thing... it turns out that Iv been so obsessed with my concept, and so interested and particular about the way I want it set out that my script has become an abomination that would bore an audience to death.

Ah woe is me.

:bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)