• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NOTE: Do you have to do a case study? READ (1 Viewer)

lightning9t

HSC
Every year for the final extended response, there is an option of either case study OR question on Australia's economy, OR 2 questions on Australia's economy..

The thing is, you have an alternative option if you do not proceed with the case study, as such the question on the Australian economy. Just wondering if this was the case or have i misread one of the papers.

In addition, the rubric of the last extended response does not make reference to a case study, doesn't that mean that there will always be an alternative? besides your case study?

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
You need a case study. I think they removed the 'Or Australia's economy' option a couple years back.you'll have to incorporate at least some of your case study(s) inot this last question.

lightning9t

HSC
I meant there is an alternative option beside those questions, as such an alternative on the 'Australian economy'

bazza159

HSC
yeh some years there isnt a case study question. I dont reckon there'll be one this year.

mathslover

HSC
:worried:
bazza159 said:
yeh some years there isnt a case study question. I dont reckon there'll be one this year.
so we dont need to know how glob has affected aust?

karnage

HSC
mathslover said:
:worried:
so we dont need to know how glob has affected aust?
um, the case study thingy says to learn a country other than australia.

mathslover

HSC
karnage said:
um, the case study thingy says to learn a country other than australia.
yea i know.
just checking we dont need to know aus as well, bcz it was defs there a few yrs ago

karnage

HSC
mathslover said:
yea i know.
just checking we dont need to know aus as well, bcz it was defs there a few yrs ago
The content of the Economics Stage 6 Syllabus (1999) in HSC Topic One - The Global Economy requires the follow-ing correction to clarify the requirement for a case study of an economy other than Australia (page 33):

• delete the word ‘should’
  • replace with the word ‘must’.
The wording for the case study on page 33 now reads:
Case study
A case study on the impact of globalisation on an economy other than Australia must be undertaken, along with the strategies that this economy is using to promote economic growth and development.
Effective:

From 2007 HSC

So if my logic is correct, i guess we dont need to know about Aust?

mathslover

HSC
karnage said:
The content of the Economics Stage 6 Syllabus (1999) in HSC Topic One - The Global Economy requires the follow-ing correction to clarify the requirement for a case study of an economy other than Australia (page 33):
  • delete the word ‘should’
  • replace with the word ‘must’.
The wording for the case study on page 33 now reads:
Case study

A case study on the impact of globalisation on an economy other than Australia must be undertaken, along with the strategies that this economy is using to promote economic growth and development.
Effective:

From 2007 HSC

So if my logic is correct, i guess we dont need to know about Aust?
thts wat i think
cz theres nothing about the impact on aust specificaslly in the textbook.. it just tks abt the impacts of glob generally

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)