Notebooks vs. Laptops (NOTES/STUDYING)- help (1 Viewer)

Bedi999

HSC
Hi Everyone!! I'll be starting uni this year and will be beginning an undergrad study, Bachelor of Engineering Mechanical (SPACE)/ Commerce at Usyd. In High School yr12 I've been using pen and paper to take notes and re-write them to help me memorise for exams. I'm not sure how uni operates within classrooms, and this will be my first year and I've no idea how I should plan to write notes in regards to my degree.

So could you please provide me pros and cons in regards to both the use of notebooks and laptops in writing down notes. Also please make a suggestion to which is the best and most convenient at uni. Whats your advice?

THANKS!

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
I'd say that laptops allow you to note take faster for commerce, however you might not retain them as well than if you wrote it down (I don't know if its just me but usually people I know remember something better when writing down rather than typing) using pen/paper allows you to organise it however you wish but you may have better editing choices with a laptop and better organisation etc.

ifrit112

HSC
Depends on the course. If a lecturer puts up slides and other material online then it might be the easier option.

Pen and paper is still the best for subjects like maths and some engineering. Commerce is the same with/without a laptop, however keep in mind that like high school essays or long wordy stuff is expected to be typed up.

Hatake88

HSC
I didn't do commerce but I did similar finance/economic subjects. Generally speaking, pen and pencils for lectures are better as you have to draw down graphs (some of which aren't included in the slides) and so on. Also, mathematical equations are also easier to write down that way. '

Alternatively, you can print out the lecture slides a night before and just annotate them. I seen quite a few friends do that too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)