notes on schools of history?? (1 Viewer)

Ludlum

HSC
im looking for sum notes on the different schools, lyk marxist and post modernist and empirical and all. i looked in the resources but those are more historian specifc. ne help is appreciated

BronwynKate

HSC
Marxist: economic and social classes are emphasised. Generally very left-wing. People like Bourdieu are important here. He talks about the social habitus.

Empirical is like Locke and some other philosophers. It is also the approach taken by the news as they report history.

Postmodernist: Merleau-Ponty, Derrida, Foucault. Looks at issues of language and power and subversion of that power.

Mine will inevitably be historian specific as I tend to apprehend my history through people and events rather than theories per se.

And I love Herodotus and lots of Roman history. I brought him into an assignment on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and my teacher was impressed. This was at TAFE for Myths and Symbols as part of my professional writing and editing course in the second semester.

Ludlum

HSC
PwarYuex said:
What's wrong with your own notes? Textbook? Resources?
well i missed alot of class because i had a chest infection so i dont hav notes on post modernism and i missed the end of empirical. and lyk i said, the resource section has more historian specific stuff

BronwynKate

HSC
So you have a valid excuse.

Glad you're feeling better and are raring to go.

How have your half-yearlies been?

What would you like to improve in? How can we help you?

Ludlum

HSC
well so far my half yearys havent been to bad (excluding maths, but lets not get into that....) my extension exam is on thursday and im a bit concerned about the areas i missed, postmodernism particularly, and also im missing alot off the depth about ranke and the empiricists

X

xeuyrawp

Ah, that sucks. Nothing worse than a sickness (I've got one at the moment). :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)