• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRSL Cut Offs 5 points lower than UAI? (1 Viewer)

Dj Fuzion

HSC
what the topic says...alot of people say to get a rough estimate of NRSL cut off its about 5 points lower than the current UAI? is this true or false?

I know Sydney laws is..and i think UNSW laws..though im not sure. What do you guys think 2 points lower? the same?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Dj Fuzion said:
what the topic says...alot of people say to get a rough estimate of NRSL cut off its about 5 points lower than the current UAI? is this true or false?

I know Sydney laws is..and i think UNSW laws..though im not sure. What do you guys think 2 points lower? the same?
I thought it was based on the demand. Its an indicator of what you should get but what determines you making the cut is how many othe people want to get in too. SO to answer your question you really can't estimate what is required although in the transfers thread, its usually less and I wouldnt think it would be much less (not 5 points less).

But yeah, I'm not too sure myself. 5 Points lower is what you need for fee-paying :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
It all depends...some times its lower, some times its the same, some times its higher, there is no golden rule.

epsilon

HSC
It depends. But from what I can gather, it's generally lower than the school leaver's cut-offs. It's usually 3-5 UAI points lower, I think. You'd be pretty unlucky if the course you're after is higher instead :)

Anyway, the best thing is to give them a call. Some of the faculties will tell you.

S

Shuter

natstar said:
I still dont understand. My UAI was 3 points higher that the RSL cutoff and I still never got into the course NRSL. When i called UAC the lady said the NRSL cutoff was higher
Perhaps they make the cut offs higher for people coming from UWS, as they understand it's a crap uni and marks are easy there.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Shuter said:
Perhaps they make the cut offs higher for people coming from UWS, as they understand it's a crap uni and marks are easy there.
How bout you stop being stupid?

epsilon

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I doubt it's 5 pnts... omg ;(
I would get into lyk ANY course omg...
Uhh, dude, so I'm guessing that you're aceing all your exams in uni right now, eh? Because it's not that easy getting Ds and HDs, IMO. I got mostly only credits plus one D last sem. No HD snared so far. Maybe it's just me :)

And corrections, I think the rough average for NRSL cut-offs are usually 3 or less marks less than the school leaver's cut-offs. I agree that 5 is a tad bit too much.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
epsilon said:
Uhh, dude, so I'm guessing that you're aceing all your exams in uni right now, eh? Because it's not that easy getting Ds and HDs, IMO. I got mostly only credits plus one D last sem. No HD snared so far. Maybe it's just me :)

And corrections, I think the rough average for NRSL cut-offs are usually 3 or less marks less than the school leaver's cut-offs. I agree that 5 is a tad bit too much.
Last semester I got D D P HD

This semester I think i'll be getting D C P HD

So i'm not really doing that bad =/

S

Shuter

natstar said:
*sighs*
When defferring, you are allowed to re-consider you preferences and put another course as a first preference over your deferred course. It has nothing to do with, completing prior uni studies.
That's great how your mind lacks simple comprehension skills. My point was that they are not going to give you a lower entry cut-off simply because you completed the HSC a year earlier then sat around and decided to reapply the next year without actually doing anything of use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)