Nuclear radiation and effects on humans (1 Viewer)

Germanic

HSC
I am interested about the effects of nuclear radiation from the Fukushima nuclear disaster and its affects on humans, particularly the Japanese. Fukushima is the worst nuclear disaster of modern times, the same level 7 on the INES scale as the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. Then I found this article which was released in June 2014:

Genetic and Ecological Studies of Animals in Chernobyl and Fukushima

Seems like nuclear radiation is really damaging Japan. Already, thyroid cancer rates have increased in Fukushima prefecture and I heard that Fukushima agricultural and fishery products are used widely in Tokyo and other Japanese markets.

I studied Japanese in high school (now I am studying Medicine) and I am quite disgusted at Japan's plans to restart the nuclear reactors. Since when is it a good idea to build nuclear reactors on the most earthquake prone country in the world?

I was actually planning to go to Japan, however my friend who works for the Australian government has been advised to not go to Tokyo by the Australian embassy there. He is staying in Sydney for the moment and looking for other opportunities in other countries.

If anyone wants to discuss about this unfortunate disaster, please contribute. I am interested in how this all unfolds. I am planning to skip going to Japan until another decade or so. I can't imagine eating all the contaminated Japanese seafood (and seafood is the staple in Japan).

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I think you're overreacting... Radiation lvls in Tokyo atm are about the same as New York

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
They want to save money and don't care for their people. Honestly if there's a stable coastal area in Japan, it should be built there, but I doubt there is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)