• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Number of texts to analyse?? (1 Viewer)

aud

HSC
I started off with six - then refined argument and it became three - now it's sort of a negative/neutral/positive argument, but now I don't know if three is too many~!

Grrr... I could make a list of over a thousand examples in my texts that back up my argument - but nothing links or flows yet...

Cicciolina

HSC
I'm sure you could just focus on the three texts and refer to the other texts when you need to? I'm doing three poets, narrowed it down from 5.

aud

HSC
Sorry, grk_styl, was at 2am and half forgot what I was typing :D I want to analyse Harry Potter and the Philosohper's Stone, Charmed and The Mists of Avalon (my negative/neutral/positive)...

My argument's that a composer's purpose and target audience is reflected in the portrayal of Witches...

I think I'm using Charmed much more heavily than the other two though - so maybe it'll become more of the centrepiece and the others will be supplements... :confused:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
The three u have chosen is a good number. And that's fine to analyse one more heavily than the other two, as long as you do go into some depth for the others, as you need heaps of evidence to show "that a composer's purpose and target audience is reflected in the portrayal of witches". Ask your teacher, but three is fine.

BTW: interesting topic!

cheeky_panda

HSC
So three is the magic number? I have heaps of texts I really wanna analyse but i know it is absolutely impossible to do so. Ill try aim for around the 3 mark. thats the advicew i got off some ex students as well

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Then I guess three IS the magic number. lol Only because four sounds like too much, and two isn't enough. I guess you could do four. With my MW I'm analysing a trilogy, so three is the number for me!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I started with about 6 actually... then i changed my focus and got down to 2! but my teacher wants me to make references to more... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)