• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

O week 07 (3 Viewers)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
O'Week 2007

During O'Week UTS Union brings you free food, entertainment and more! This is a great introduction to campus life at UTS so be sure not to miss out. There'll be over 60 clubs and societies on display with a variety of club activities; bands; DJ's; sports comps and games; promotions and giveaways from a range of sponsors, free O'Week show bags and a free BBQ lunch!

Don't forget new UTS students can also join the UTS Union Advantage Program during O'Week too!

Here's the UTS Union event schedule during O'Week so far, stay tuned for more details coming soon.
Event

Date:

Time:

Where:

Cost

Clubs, Activities, BBQ Thu 15 Feb 9 - 2 K-Gai Campus* FREE
Union Info Booth Mon 19 Feb - Tues 20 Feb 9 - 4 Level 4, Tower Bldg 1, B'Way Campus NA
Clubs, Activities, BBQ Wed 21 Feb 9 - 4 Level 3a, 4 & Alumni Green, B'Way Campus FREE

*Only a limited number of clubs and sponsors can attend O'Day at K-gai.

Event enquiries:

For sponsorship and advertising queries please contact Linda Iacopetta, Communications & Marketing Manager on (02) 9514 1318 or linda.iacopetta@uts.edu.au.

For questions about Union O'Day events listed on this page, from 15th Jan 2007, UTS students can call (02) 9514 1140 or email union.activities@uts.edu.au. For all other O'Week enquires see the Useful Links section at the end of this page.

Join the UTS Union Advantage Program during O'Week

You can get even more out of campus life by becoming a member of the UTS Union Advantage Program. Advantage Program members receive great savings when they use Union services and facilities on campus, as well as when they're off campus too.

These savings include 20% off the Union's Fitness Centre memberships; 10% off at Union catering outlets; 10% off art and stationery supplies at Union shops; a free 128MB USB; a member only area on the Union website that provides access to special promotions and giveaways; and discounts on a range of popular brands from Advantage Program partners Where To Enjoy®, Contiki, Busabout Europe and Market City Shopping Centre.

By becoming a member of the Advantage Program you will be helping UTS Union continue to keep the community and social fabric alive on campus at UTS.

During O'Week you can join the Advantage Program at Union shops on campus or you can join at anytime online. Terms and conditions apply.

Useful links:

Info for New Students - http://www.newstudent.uts.edu.au

Orientation - http://www.orientation.uts.edu.au/

Clubs & Societies - http://www.utsunion.uts.edu.au/clubs/

Fitness Centre - http://www.utsunion.uts.edu.au/sport/fitness/index.html

Sport & Recreation Program - http://datasearch.uts.edu.au/union/thingstodo/trips/index.cfm

Sport Scholarships - http://www.utsunion.uts.edu.au/sport/scholarships/index.html

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
hey joe thanks for posting! I was thinking of joining the union, are you a member and is it that worthwhile to join?

goan_crazy

HSC
denise_ said:
hey joe thanks for posting! I was thinking of joining the union, are you a member and is it that worthwhile to join?
Denise ur coming to my uni? :) yay
haven't talked 2 u in a while...
i was part of the union
the services werent that bad
im thinkin of joining

advantage card was good last year
but im not gonna pay to get that this year.

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
goan_crazy said:
Denise ur coming to my uni? :) yay
haven't talked 2 u in a while...
i was part of the union
the services werent that bad
im thinkin of joining

advantage card was good last year
but im not gonna pay to get that this year.
kool bananas! i was thinking of joining simply because of all the discounts i'd get. Such a sucker for bargains! i think its apart of my asian DNA to think so fiscally. but yeah i don't think its worth my $170, i could be updating my circa 2004 woredrobe!

goan_crazy

HSC
denise_ said:
kool bananas! i was thinking of joining simply because of all the discounts i'd get. Such a sucker for bargains! i think its apart of my asian DNA to think so fiscally. but yeah i don't think its worth my $170, i could be updating my circa 2004 woredrobe!
Join the co-op bookshop also for 10% members discount

thats something I have to do also this year

another thing which u'll like is the SMH Tertiary card
the SMH for $20 all year :)
its great

i didn't get it last year, but i got it for this year.

goan_crazy

HSC
Just bumping this

come see me at the optus stand ;)

goan_crazy

HSC
Spider786 said:
it starts this monday right?

any days of particular interest?
no
theres nothing on monday :|
o day is only on Wed 21 Feb

F

fnergance

O day on wednesday 21st feb ?

Theres nothing about that on the website though..

people have their own Orientation day dont they ?

=O FREE 128MB USB !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I have my faculty welcome on the 21st from 2-4. Should I go to O-day festivities first and then make my way to the faculty welcome or will o-day still be going after 4?

goan_crazy

HSC
and theres probably a dance party at night too
go to that also! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)