obstacles and inspiration and etc (1 Viewer)

totallybord

HSC
hi,
can someone plz explain the personal challenges that is faced in lime tree and frost?
and how are they journeys into the unknown? and how are they related to inspiration?
also whys frost a self discovery poem?
ill soooo appreciate whoever answers=)

Viviennnne

HSC
I'm not doing frost, but i think that the personal challenges in lime tree bower are that he overcomes his childish dissatisfaction at being left out, because his imaginative journey allows him to be included... And also, it's about the connection that can be formed with nature even when least expected. It's also about his challenge to be connected with god, which is directly linked to nature, and how this link can only be restored when he basically stops feeling sorry for himself.
And i don't know if this is right, but i wouldn't necessarily call lime tree a journey into the unknown, because the only way he can so vividly imagine the path of his friends is because he knows where they are going, and has been there before. But i guess, maybe it's a journey into the unknown because he's not actually there experiencing it physically? I don't know...
Hopefully this helps, and isn't completely wrong... :)

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Personal challenges: the physical limitation and how he can distract himself using his imagination. In frost he is challenged by the purity of his cradled infant, he desperately wants his child to be free and not 'cloistered' like he was. 'But thou my babe shall wander like the breeze'
Journeys into the unkown: Coleridge really has no idea where abouts his friends are (unkown) but he is inspired by his imaginative recollection of nature.
Frost is a process of self discovery because of its cyclical nature..going from past to present to future (his child). He discovers what he wants for his child and the role of God he wants in his childs life. 'Great universal teacher! He shall mould thy soul and by giving make it ask'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)