• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Official Xbox 360 Thread (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
icraig88 said:
cheers for that. the offer probably wouldnt exist at a place like 2nds world would it?
prob not. im guessing the tv would have to be new.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
icraig88 said:
is it worth paying the extra for the elite pack or just get the arcade pack and buy the extra hdd which is on clearance anyways?
nah not at all. elite kind of sucks when it cums to value for money. arcade consoles now have HDMi inside them, so no need to worry about the crappy cables inside the arcade

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
stazi said:
prob not. im guessing the tv would have to be new.
its a factory seconds place. the item is new but the box is damaged. so the tv is new. that's why i'm thinking it may be included.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
stazi said:
nah not at all. elite kind of sucks when it cums to value for money. arcade consoles now have HDMi inside them, so no need to worry about the crappy cables inside the arcade

cheers man. now i'll def go and buy the arcade pack. the installation of the hdd isn't hard is it? or does it act as an external hdd?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
icraig88 said:
cheers man. now i'll def go and buy the arcade pack. the installation of the hdd isn't hard is it? or does it act as an external hdd?
literally just clicks into place

icraig88 said:
its a factory seconds place. the item is new but the box is damaged. so the tv is new. that's why i'm thinking it may be included.
factory seconds places typically suck as youll also only get a 1 year warranty, as opposed to their regular 3 year warranty on LCDs

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
it all depends on how much you wanna spend craig. for a top of the range 32", you're probably looking around $1200-$1300 if you come to me. let me know how big you want the tv and how much you want to spend and when i jump into work on the weekend i'll have a look for ya.

and stas, the elites now come with copies of gears of war and halo 3. still a rip off though, if you consider you can get the arcade for so much cheaper.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i think saints row is also included with the elites.

oh and i managed to swing a free bluray player my way too.

amazing that i paid $2,000 for a 40" full hd samsung LCD (best lcd on the market, apart from the LED one), with 5 years warranty and a top-line bluray player

p.s. if you only get 32" i wouldnt recommend going for something amazing (i.e. full hd). you really can't tell the difference between full hd and non-full hd screens at that size. 46" is the recommend minimum size for a full hd tv, but you can start noticing differences from 40".

blakegman

HSC
N/A
If i had a decent TV in my room i would definately buy a 360.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So I just hit the....FUCK NINJAS WITH ROCKETS AND FLYING METAL GEARS AND WTF DOOM ARMOURED WALKER THINGS...in Ninja Gaiden II.

Fuck I love the scythe, wish I had more time to play :(

stazi said:
i think saints row is also included with the elites.

oh and i managed to swing a free bluray player my way too.

amazing that i paid $2,000 for a 40" full hd samsung LCD (best lcd on the market, apart from the LED one), with 5 years warranty and a top-line bluray player

p.s. if you only get 32" i wouldnt recommend going for something amazing (i.e. full hd). you really can't tell the difference between full hd and non-full hd screens at that size. 46" is the recommend minimum size for a full hd tv, but you can start noticing differences from 40".
Hmm thats not too bad, I might think of buying one once I pay off my car, been meaning to see xbox games in HD :(

Last edited:

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
politik said:
Ditto. Though since I want to play in my room i'll have to get a fucking rf converter for my 15 year-old tv. Woo antiquated gaming! I can't wait to LOL at the awful quality.

ahaha i remember having one of these for the first xbox. fuck me those werethe days.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
AsyLum said:
So I just hit the....FUCK NINJAS WITH ROCKETS AND FLYING METAL GEARS AND WTF DOOM ARMOURED WALKER THINGS...in Ninja Gaiden II.

Fuck I love the scythe, wish I had more time to play :(
hah yeah the scythe is killer. by far the most overpowered weapon in the game imho. personally i love the kusari-whatever things and the dragon sword

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
might come in on sunday then. tomorrow im busy during the day, working at night and working all day saturday. if you need anything in return for the help you've given me let me know.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
unreal tournament 3 shots. backgrounds look awesome, but the character models and guns look very washed out imo (dont think its anything to do with my tv). please note that my tv isnt able to freeze frames, and thus the pic may be a bit unsharp. the colours also didnt come out as beautifully as they did on my camera (particularly in darker environments).

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
i went to a 2nds place at ashfield mall just before. 1299 for a 42" samsung plasma, but as you said, it doesn't come with the free blu ray dvd player.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
also, what's the resolution on it? im guessing it's a previous season model

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)