Oh Dear! (1 Viewer)

courtyworty

HSC
ok... so im kinda starting to freak out.... has anyone else planned to do hours and hours and hours of study a day, drew up a timetable n everything but failed to do nearly enough?? ive been so slack and im finding it difficult to get motivated to study and im FREAKIN OUT!!!! what do i do?!

jazzmuzik

HSC
ok
step one: disconnect yourself fom boredofstudies/myspace/msn/facebook etc etc
step two: try to do 1/2 ful days of studies take drink and food breaks when necessary but do a full day. with a day of dedicated focus hopefully look back and you'll have some sense of achievement.
step 3: if one or two days gets you into study mode.. keep going. :) but take hours/ a day off to break it up every now and then

NOTE: when you consider how many minutes in the day it seems you should be able to achieve heaps, murphys law... you never get as much done as theoretically you should. so enjoy your sense of achievement no matter how small :p (its better than not getting anything done

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
courtyworty said:
ok... so im kinda starting to freak out.... has anyone else planned to do hours and hours and hours of study a day, drew up a timetable n everything but failed to do nearly enough?? ive been so slack and im finding it difficult to get motivated to study and im FREAKIN OUT!!!! what do i do?!
Don't freak out. There's really no point. It's just added stress if you let it get to you. Trust me when i say that my situation is a lot worse than yours. A lot worse. But i know i'll pull through and this'll all be over soon. :D

Cheer up and chillax. :)

morganforrest

HSC
IMO....if you're a serious stresser/freaker outerer then forget your doing the hsc. Don't put the "HSC" on a pedestal and make it a big scary monster. Just forget its happening. Now, start getting the books out for 2 hours at a time and force yourself to take notes/do practice quesitons....then give urself a half - one hour break...then do the same thing again. Repeat three times daily.

Voila....you have done 6 hours of study today....feel good about yourself

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol , ahah i have a timetable i drew up but never adhered to xD - go me !
but i`m still putting in quite a few hours a day nonetheless - its not too hard once you get into it ^^

good luck !

starrysky

HSC
morganforrest said:
IMO....if you're a serious stresser/freaker outerer then forget your doing the hsc. Don't put the "HSC" on a pedestal and make it a big scary monster. Just forget its happening. Now, start getting the books out for 2 hours at a time and force yourself to take notes/do practice quesitons....then give urself a half - one hour break...then do the same thing again. Repeat three times daily.

Voila....you have done 6 hours of study today....feel good about yourself
What he said. (Y) Great advice.

I'm in the same situation. What I tend to do is just to stop worrying about how significant things may be in the scheme of things, open up revision books, and write out notes/essays/practice questions, etc. Instead of hopping back on the computer when you're on a break, watch TV, read something else, eat, or drink, to clear your mind, and then get back to study.

And so the cycle continues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)