omg...desperately help! (1 Viewer)

efini4eva

i got assessment task tmr...and b) Discuss possible applications of superconductivity and the effects of those applications on computers, generators, and motors and transmission of electricity through power grid

this...i dun get it...i've done research and one application but it's generally on maglev train....but people told me it's not it...!

this is 7 marks worth!! and i can't find any other applications...!!

they also told me i could write about effectiveness!! i have no idea!! and i have to do in class research thing..!! which is you can prepare research!! but can't bring any paper in!! so i have to learn it and momories them!! desperately help!! i have only one day to do it!!

tennille

HSC
There is so much on the net. I used some of that info for the HSC last year.

There should be more applications. Be more apecific when you check it on google. ie. type- "superconductors in computers", etc. Superconductors could be used in microchips and the like...There would be less heat and no need to use a fan (instead, you'd need a bloody freezer) :p.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Tennille said:
There is so much on the net. I used some of that info for the HSC last year.

There should be more applications. Be more apecific when you check it on google. ie. type- "superconductors in computers", etc. Superconductors could be used in microchips and the like...There would be less heat and no need to use a fan (instead, you'd need a bloody freezer) :p.
Thats where research into high temperature superconductors comes in :p

DeanM

HSC
efini4eva said:
i got assessment task tmr...and b) Discuss possible applications of superconductivity and the effects of those applications on computers, generators, and motors and transmission of electricity through power grid

this...i dun get it...i've done research and one application but it's generally on maglev train....but people told me it's not it...!

this is 7 marks worth!! and i can't find any other applications...!!

they also told me i could write about effectiveness!! i have no idea!! and i have to do in class research thing..!! which is you can prepare research!! but can't bring any paper in!! so i have to learn it and momories them!! desperately help!! i have only one day to do it!!

you could talk about the maglev trains because thats using superconductors,how the meissner effect states that when a magnet is put onto a superconductor, it will "hover". ummmm as for computers you could talk about how they are using superconductors in computer switches, because they have been found to be 10 x faster than normal switches.. ummm you could discuss how in electrity transmission, loss of electrity occurs because of resistance in the wires, and if they used superconductor wires, then enorous amounts of enery could be saved.

anyway i hope that helped alittle bit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)