online study group? (1 Viewer)

finishline

HSC
im starting yr 12 soon and i was wondering if anyone here is interested in participating in a online study group, we could discuss various texts, share ideas, tips and share views. in addition we could argue about texts too.
if anyone would want to do this please feel free, if we start now by the time the hsc comes around we are ll capable of being very open minded and could hav the ability to draw on knowledge from places other than our fellow school students.
i extend this invitation to everyone doing extension 1 english in 2007 and any past students who hav any advice on texts being discussed.

HSC
N/A
I don't think there are a lot of HSC 2007's on the forums just yet :)

On a general note though, the BOS forums do/were intended to facilitate group study, and have often been used as such in the past :) (I have happy memories of this during my HSC) It's all up to how you use the forums :)

tigerian

HSC
N/A
finishline said:
im starting yr 12 soon and i was wondering if anyone here is interested in participating in a online study group, we could discuss various texts, share ideas, tips and share views. in addition we could argue about texts too.
if anyone would want to do this please feel free, if we start now by the time the hsc comes around we are ll capable of being very open minded and could hav the ability to draw on knowledge from places other than our fellow school students.
i extend this invitation to everyone doing extension 1 english in 2007 and any past students who hav any advice on texts being discussed.
Check your personal email.

revhead.meg

HSC
What are you currently doing in the prelim course?
We did Ovid's Pygmalion and then Bernard Shaw's play on the same thing;
was good but the HSC course gets so much better =)

Dave2007

HSC
I don't think it could work because ee1 has nine separate electives, and there are probably about 9 active 2007'ers.

I doubt someone doing "the language of sport" could help someone doing "crime fiction" and so on...

Maybe if your thinking of making a study group, divide it up by elective?

daviet

HSC
Yeah, I agree. I'm doing ext 1 at the moment, and we're doing individual & society (texts: dolls house, R&P and Browning Poetry). A study group sounds good, PM if you are still holding one!

finishline

HSC
daviet said:
Yeah, I agree. I'm doing ext 1 at the moment, and we're doing individual & society (texts: dolls house, R&P and Browning Poetry). A study group sounds good, PM if you are still holding one!
hiya, well honestly i dont have a study group but my friend and i sort of discuss different viewpoints on whatever we're studying . Btw we're doing pride and prejudice, portrait of a lady and brownings poetry. Given that most of our texts are different if you want we could discuss some of brownings poetry cause i think it sort of needs a lot of reading into in order to understand the content and context of the poem.

please reply if you still want to study this way even if it is just bout brownings poems.

thx 4 replying l8ers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)