Opinions on new Excel HSC Business Studies and Cambridge Checkpoints (1 Viewer)

findx

HSC
Hi,

Has anyone bought the new Excel HSC Business Studies and Cambridge Checkpoint books? What are your opinions on it?
Pros and cons of the books?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I have the 2012 edition of Cambridge Checkpoints Business Studies. The content follows with the 4 main topics; that is - Operations, Marketing, Finance and HR. Each topic covers about 7 pages of length, thus it's useful in exam periods. Then follows HSC past paper from 2007 til 2011, with suggested answers included. Lastly, it comes with study-cards, although it does lack some other dot-points in the course. Overall, my personal rating of this book would be 7/10.

I haven't checked up Excel yet, but I have StudyOn Business Studies, which is an booklet and online study-cards where you can answer questions online and on the booklet. I personally find this better than Checkpoints - personal rating of 8.5/10, but that's just from my perspective.

Good luck with the other comments mate.

Cheers

Examine

same
HSC
The Cambridge Checkpoints is really good for revision. Although you cannot primarily learn off it (as it gives brief summaries for each part), it is a good secondary/support textbook and can help before tests.

SavinaHwang

HSC
hi do you think you could please email me the photos of the study cards? some selfish people ripped it out from the one I borrowed from the library!
help a brother out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)