Oral Health Therapist Course (1 Viewer)

sutd

HSC
Im a year 11 student, well almost year 12 now And im not entirly sure what i wanna do but the USYD oral health therapy course has really caught my eyes.
The more i learn about this course the more i want to do it. Howvere bcs only USYD does it in Sydney ( minus the 3 hour unis) its very competitve
any tips on how to get it or start preparing from next tear year12 And minimum atar etc.. I cant imagine myslef doing any other course so if i miss this opportunity to enter this course ill be devastded.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Assuming that you are referring to the Bachelor of Oral Health, if you are taking one or both Biology and Chemistry, it would be a good idea to focus on these subjects. While the Bachelor of Oral Health does not have prerequisites, Biology and Chemistry are recommended.

Maximising your chances of receiving an offer for this degree requires you to perform at the highest possible standard, given its competitive nature. An early start would therefore be beneficial since you can adjust and refine your study strategy for each of your subjects at an early stage based on your strengths and weaknesses, which you probably know well after having completed year 11. From this point, your goal becomes to regularly study and always be up-to-date with the content of your subjects, allowing you to perform favourably in your school-based assessment tasks/exams, which in turn allows you to rank highly relative to your cohort.

Additionally, I would suggest considering alternative degrees that you may be interested in. It is good to have backup options to include in your UAC application when the time comes for the event that you do not end up receiving an offer for the Bachelor of Oral Health. Hopefully this will not happen, but you must still be prepared for this possibility. Keep in mind that in the worst-case scenario, you can enrol and partially complete another degree, and subsequently transfer to the Bachelor of Oral Health based on favourable university results.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)