Other wats to get into my course? (1 Viewer)

lovepink

HSC
N/A
Hi i want to get into visual communication design however my atar is below the cutoff is there another way to get into that course other than newstep or open foundation?
ive been told that i can do b bussiness/b commerce or whatever just the first year and if i get good results i can transfer to a different course is this true

madharris

HSC
N/A
ive been told that i can do b bussiness/b commerce or whatever just the first year and if i get good results i can transfer to a different course is this true
Yes this is true.
You can do another course (at newcastle uni or another one) and then transfer into visual communication design if you can achieve the appropriate marks.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Yes this is true.
You can do another course (at newcastle uni or another one) and then transfer into visual communication design if you can achieve the appropriate marks.
This pretty much. For the majority of courses, getting sufficient marks in one course can allow the transfer to be successful.

lovepink

HSC
N/A
Yes this is true.
This pretty much. For the majority of courses, getting sufficient marks in one course can allow the transfer to be successful.
Yayy!:). Will it be hard? Like do i need to get high distinction for everything

madharris

HSC
N/A
you might need to call up and clarify, but I reckon you'd just need a credit average which isn't too difficult
To get a credit in most subjects, you just need to put some effort in

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Good to see that smile. Well, it depends on the demand of the course at a specific university you are targeting. In most cases, getting a solid credit-average is sufficient. No need to get straight HD's, but nothing is stopping you from getting it.

madharris

HSC
N/A
can i just study part time for a year?
If you study part time, then you will not be able to use your uni results to transfer, and thus will have to rely on your atar again

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
can i just study part time for a year?
Unfortunately.. they don't work that way. If you decide to study part-time then when you want to transfer, the university will only consider your ATAR. I know.. it sucks. My advice personally, this is just a suggestion... but you can study full-time for 1 yr and then transfer to your ideal course. After that, you can change to part-time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)